Gimble Issue with P3 Pro

Reaction score
So most of the time everything works fine - but twice now over the course of the past couple of weeks, I have had issues where by even in follow mode, if I move the aircraft side to side (right stick left or right), the gimble does not adjust and I end up with more of a FPV mode... but it does fine with every other input (forward/back/up/down/yaw left/yaw right).

Does anyone know what may be causing this? I uploaded a very short video to show the problem I am referencing.

The horizon tilts in the video corresponding to right stick left/right inputs.

Anyone have any insight as to a cause here?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had this happen to me once as well. I was convinced I had broken the gimbal on my phantom until I read about what the issue actually was. Go into the settings on your app and choose the Gimbal Param Settings tab. Then in the top right corner, there should be an option for "Follow" and "FPV". It looks like yours is probably on FPV, you just need to change it back to Follow. Hope this works!

It is set to follow. I have never changed it to FPV. It only behaves like FPV with side to side movements. The rest works fine. Also it only has done this twice in probably 15 flights? So it is an intermittent issue.

Mine has been jerky a few times in the cold. (Missouri)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmm definitely both times I saw it occur ambient temps were pretty low - maybe low twenties F. Perhaps temperature causing gimbal issue... Any other thoughts?

Other data: both times I saw it happen it was on second flight of the day. Fresh batteries that were warm in car, but aircraft and gimbal itself would have been quite cold.

The cold temps may be the issue. I have a similar problem where the cam will alternate facing down, up, down, up about 3 consecutive times then work fine. I noticed it happens at temps less than 30 deg F.

When you say jerky, is it up/down side to side or start/stop?

The video above demonstrates the unwanted movement with left/right input to the right stick. It appears that for whatever reason lateral movement of the copter translates to more of a fpv view temporarily and only with left / right input. It does not exhibit the symptoms with any other input (yaw, forward, back, altitude).

It happens to me some times when is cold, but mine works great, check this out.

How does the gimbal react in the two different modes. One thing I could not find in the manual.

Disregard. Found a video explaining the differences.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl