Gimble guards

FCD

Reaction score
Do gimble guards mess up the performance or firmware?
Thanks for your input!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Never heard of gimbal guards messing up the flight performance and FW. I never use them as they increase the chances of toppling P3 when landing on grass fields which I do many times.

Do gimble guards mess up the performance or firmware?
Thanks for your input!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Important Notice About 3rd-party Gimbal Protectors

Link to DJI thread with this information: Important Notice About 3rd-party Gimbal Protectors

DJI: "Dear Customers:

Recently, we’ve had some cases in which Phantom 4’s have crashed due to the drone’s ultrasonic sensors malfunctioning. By analyzing the flight data and your feedback, we found the gimbal protector may block the sensors and affect their performance. Even worse, the aircraft may half in the air if the bracket has improperly mounted. The unofficial brackets may lead the aircraft to be damaged and these situations are excluded in the Manufacturer’s Warranty. Therefore, we recommend you to be caution of the protection brackets or the unofficial accessories, especially use them in the flights."

"DJI does not produce gimbal guards fro flying, only the guard to protect the camera while the aircraft is being transported.
So using ANY gimbal guard like the above will void the warranty. And one post said it would be hard to prove a crash caused by a gimbal guard is very wrong. It's actually very easy to prove if a crash was due to having an gimbal guard installed."

They might very well affect performance but unless they're transmitting instructions to the Phantom, they can't possibly affect the firmware.

From my experience, i had some fluctuations in my flight. I think its called a yo-yo effect. There is a thread and video of a p4 pilot proving this theory. That was the only alteration i had on my p4 when i noticed teh yo-yo effect.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic