Gimble guard/lens cover, anyone got this?

Definitely watch Simon's review he references in the ad. It will answer every question you ever had. The only thing that stopped me was the $16 shipping costs. I got another similar design but it was not as well made. I might bite the bullet to get the best soon

I bought one. A little pricey but probably the best option I've purchased yet! It's like a silicon rubber and "Red". The supplied one was a real PITA!! I'm not going to tell you how many times I forgot to take it off either because it's clear plastic. This "Red" one sticks out like a sore thumb, Keeps the gimbal steady when installed, It's mounted on the front of the lens so it's right up front were you can easily see it and it also acts as a dust cap.

Thanks guys. I watched Simons video a week or two ago but wanted more opinions. Thanks for your feedback. I agree the supplied guard is a royal PITA!

I bought one. A little pricey but probably the best option I've purchased yet! It's like a silicon rubber and "Red". The supplied one was a real PITA!! I'm not going to tell you how many times I forgot to take it off either because it's clear plastic. This "Red" one sticks out like a sore thumb, Keeps the gimbal steady when installed, It's mounted on the front of the lens so it's right up front were you can easily see it and it also acts as a dust cap.

Haha I was always starting it up & forgetting about the guard - I sprayed it bright yellow & marked the front of it for easier orientation.

I attached one of those red remove before flight tags to the factory guard to remind me to take it off ..... it doesn't change the fact it's a pain to put back on

This is what I use.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436717100.021910.jpg

http://m.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-3...ard-keychain-/111686558007?nav=SELLING_ACTIVE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers