Gimbel Won't Calibrate

Reaction score
Basics:
P2 with Zenmuse 2D, GoPro 3+, 2.0 firmware

Hadn't flowen in about 2 weeks. All was fine after last flight. Now the gimbel is out of calibration. It will not rotate its full travel range and moving the bottom RC gimbel lever just a little, causes the gimbel to rotate a lot. I've done calibration in both RC Assistant and P2 Assistant. Specifically, when gimbel calibrating in the P2 Assistant, it will not show full range to the left, which is the full up forward camera position. It stops at about 3/4 the way up. The gimbels 2 axis operation works fine.

What's the fix?

With the phantom (not the controller) connected to your computer, load the assistant software.

Go to the controller tab. Click to do calibration.

Even though it says on the screen NOT to move X1 (The gimbal control arm on the back), move it through its full range.

Once you have done that, unplug the phantom, plug in the controller, open up the controller software and do the calibration in there. Hopefully you should now see you are getting full travel on the X1 channel.

Not my own work........ I found this info on the forum and it fixed my issue (which sounded very similar to yours)

I have done that.

As I indicated on the software graph, the range of X1 does not go all the way to the left. Nor when operating the RC lever, the gimbel/camera does not rotate to the full forward position.

Maybe the Naza values are too short, if you made any changes there,
try the stock -1000 x 1000. Hope this helps.

Pd: increase in Gimbal gains & speed could help too.

Did you do it in order ? The order is important..... need to do P2 first THEN RC

SARC said:
Did you do it in order ? The order is important..... need to do P2 first THEN RC

I just went thru the calibration steps as you suggested (P2 then RC. The results turned out worse. The gimble/camera would only go to the middle of the graph range from the far right.

I then calibrated in the reverse order (RC then P2) as I had done previously, and as according to UAV Directs video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2zNT6kHoEM

Now the gimbel/camera works the full range as it should. Go figure. It wouldn't operate fully before, with that order of calibration (RC then P2), so maybe going back and forth with the calibration order was the fix (P2 then RC then P2).

All is now well on the desk. I'll go fly and see how it responds. If it acts up, I'll be back on here.

Thanks for all of the responses and suggestions.

@Gary

Glad you got it fixed. I was on 3.x when I did that, so maybe they have changed this procedure compared to 2.x

Happy flying !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20