Gimbalturns 45 degree and back during flight

Reaction score
Had my P2V+ replaced by the dealer. New one seems to be used as well. Markings on remote+P2 say CE. Yet it was set to FCC.
Upgraded to latest firmware, got warnings about unstable compass in Phantom Assistant, did the compass dance, and all fine. It was on a table with steel tubes under the tabletop.

It flew well, but before takeoff, then moving the drone around, looking at the gimbal tracking, I saw a few unexplainable jumps. On flight with video, I am flying straight, and then suddenly on the video, the camera/gimbal turns like 45 degrees left and back again. You can see the left leg. Please see this YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0YGDX2xJI

Around 6-7 seconds it happens. I see it on the screen and gets confused, and stops flying shortly after, turning to get back.

Is this normal ? What should I do ? Is it firmware related ?

I saw something like it when testing the gimbal on the ground by moving the handheld P2V+ around.

Then I saw it once or sure possible twice during a 1 battery flight. Maybe the new gimbal firmware that avoids it making noise on power on.

Have you already installed the latest camera firmware? You unit is new, and the behavior isn't normal. I would definitely let the dealer know ASAP so it is documented, and I would consider exchanging it.

Seen it this one time, but think I saw it once more on the ground without camera recording.
Upgraded from 3.0 to 3.04 some other software (central board ?) to latest as well.

Maybe I got a refurb unit. Maybe they start shipping refurb as new ? Remote with CE stickers but FCC settings in assistant, and pot.meter turned fully clockwise. SSID is Phantom_Vision ....

I don't know the details of why your original Vision+ was replaced, but I'd be a bit upset if they replaced my "new" Vision+ with a refurb. Not sure if refurbs are even available as DJI still appears to be behind the 8-ball with the Vision+ launch but, if they are offering refurbished units, they should be clearly identified as such. Not sure how you would tell for sure? Up to you whether you want to request another replacement, but at the very least be sure to document your concern with the gimbal behavior with your dealer. Mine has never done that in many hours of operation.

I still have v3.0 but when I had v3.04 in my Vision, I believe v3.04 has the auto pilot feature. If you activate it from the icon above slide bar, and then tilt the phone, tablet, or whatever left or right a arrow will appear under the scroll bar on right side. What it actually does it controls the yaw. It was very useful when taking pic's or video because you could rotate the copter without it drifting or wondering.

Dirty Bird said:
Interesting. I wonder if that what caused his camera to pan?

If it wasn't doing it all the time then it may have happened when it did due to hitting it momentarily with his thumb or something?

I just started to have this issue. When flying the gimble will slide left where you will actually see the left side landing leg on the display / video. It does it all the time now. Not sure how to correct this. I thought if I sinch up the 4 clear plastic positioners it might correct it but putting them too tight will just put the gimble in error mode before flight. Any advice ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31