Gimbals

Reaction score
Hi. Wanting to upgrade to a brushless gimbal. Wrestling with decision on tarot, arris and zenmuse Wondering which requires fewest mods to controller or phantom, ease of calibration and which is going to offer best bang for the buck. I'd be interested in thoughts, opinions and recommendations. Thanks in advance

Greg Sherris said:
Hi. Wanting to upgrade to a brushless gimbal. Wrestling with decision on tarot, arris and zenmuse Wondering which requires fewest mods to controller or phantom, ease of calibration and which is going to offer best bang for the buck. I'd be interested in thoughts, opinions and recommendations. Thanks in advance

well IF you wish to manually tilt a gimbal downward, while in flight, you'd need to either modify your Tx or install a new one.

the one with the most bang for the buck is probably the goodluckbuy one for $109,. it's very similar to the Tarot and the Arris.

both it and the Arris are by far the easier and require no modifications really, just bolt to the craft and attach power and they work (generally)
the tarot is pretty good too, but might require additional work to get to mount to a Phantom.

I use a 2 axis servo mount from goodluckbuy, cost around $40 or so, gives decent footage. It plugs into two spots on the naza controller and is controlled by the main flight controller, to adjust setting you just you the naza assistant.

To tilt down you can get a shapeways 7th Chanel kit ($13+) or you can do the turn knob mod, solder some wires etc inside the transmitter and put a knob on the front to control the pitch of the camera, its a little more intrusive but also only a couple $$.

There are plenty of other gimbals out there to, and I'd assume they are better quality than my $60 set up. . . . But I know 200% that when I go fly next, my gimbal won't die!

Driffill said:
I use a 2 axis servo mount from goodluckbuy, cost around $40 or so, gives decent footage. It plugs into two spots on the naza controller and is controlled by the main flight controller, to adjust setting you just you the naza assistant.

To tilt down you can get a shapeways 7th Chanel kit ($13+) or you can do the turn knob mod, solder some wires etc inside the transmitter and put a knob on the front to control the pitch of the camera, its a little more intrusive but also only a couple $$.

There are plenty of other gimbals out there to, and I'd assume they are better quality than my $60 set up. . . . But I know 200% that when I go fly next, my gimbal won't die!

Driffill, do you have a link to your set up at goodluckbuy? I want to try something inexpensive. I'd also be interested in a how to video of how you set up the tilt function. Thanks

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/two-axis-til ... ervos.html

That's the one I use, I bought it un assembled and bought the servos separately, that link includes the servos. This gimbal will allow you to set the lens of the gopro directly in the centre of the pivot points. I had to assemble mine in "reverse" to how it is in the picture, and also I set the naza settings in reverse.

For FPV I had to use a 90 degree gopro video out cable, and file a little section of the camera holder (on the gimbal) for clearance of the plug. I'm making a breakout board for the rear bus of the gopro to allow me to run video out and external microphones in, as well as pretty much any other option I may want to use later. I've got the pcb, I'm actually stuck on programming the EEPROM chip (I amazed I was able to solder it). Anybody with EEPROM programming experience please PM me, if your in Melbourne that's even better lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375277979.553741.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375277979.553741.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 963
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375278020.075467.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375278020.075467.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 827

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads