Gimball

Reaction score
Hi guys bit of help needed if possible? Is there a gimbal that Will fit the phantom fc40 camera? Would be good if there was.

Cheers in advance
Scott

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes. Try brushless 2 axis on ebay. There are a lot, quite good and cheap. There are also 3 axis brushless gimbal, but I didnt try and it seems they are a little bit hard to calibrate. Or you can try to find a Zenmuse 2 axis gimbal. Cheers!

Thanks for the advise, I've got a watch on 1 but the guy says it needs a cable to the balance cable. Tried looking for 1 but no joy as of yet

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are many options to power the gimbal. Watch this video, but there are a lot.

Great video but do I need to remove the shell to wire it up? Or can I go directly to the battery???

I did it in this way. I opened the shell and soldered the leads to power the gimbal. You can use also the pitch for camera, if you open the shell, for pitch control of the camera from your remote.

Oh so if I get a gimbal I'm gonna have to open up the shell?? Didn't really want to open it up as I'm probably gonna ruin it [emoji849]

Its not a disaster man. Just take care with the screws and the leads inside. And take photos while you open it, if you are not sure.

This is the gimbal I'm lookin at
c0910b0afe8cc458c32bde8714dfff82.jpg

This is mine

Attachments

• 1462559953310.jpg
    1462559953310.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 538
What I would really want is a gimbal that I can fit the fc40's stock camera

Watch this one:

Reactions: GLENN WELLS
Awesome so I can fit my camera on the gimble u been showing me. Thanks very much Mircea78 you been a huge help. Thanks again

Got a brand new gimbal off eBay the same as the one in the video £21 bargain

e46a01c3afeeba83f689f997a32c4279.jpg

Ok so my gimble turned up today with these leads am I missing something or is this right???

Just a quick update, I have now installed and wired my gimbal, was a lot easier to do than I thought. Just waiting on the pitch lever to arrive now. Thanks to those who took the time to help me out with advice. Will post a video of the 1st flight when I get a chance next week.

Reactions: Mircea78
Just a quick update, so far I'm havin a total nightmare with this bloody gimbal and the pitch arm. Like I said it's installed but what a disaster pitch arm doesn't move the gimbal a all at times the gimball decides to start flipping out and literally jumping everywhere. I've tried plugging all pins like on a pic on here all plugged into f1 from top to bottom still no great joy, for nearly 3 days I've been scratching my head trying to sort this out really getting me so angry and very frustrated and beginning to wish I hadn't bought the gimbal now [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Ok so took my phantom out today and tbh the gimbal is killing my batteries so I've now removed the gimbal and gone back to the stock camera holder, less hassle and lighter so it's bye bye wired brushless gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20