Gimbal (X1) won't calibrate properly - P2

Reaction score
I updated my firmware to 3.0 and was unable to properly calibrate the gimbal tilt. When I move the lever back and forth during calibration, the first time I move it it will show the full value range on screen, but then jumps to being stuck at zero. If I move the lever a lot sometimes it will jump a tiny bit, but only enough to tilt the camera up a few degrees and only for a split second.

I tried downgrading to 2.0 but nothing changed...

Anyone had this happen? I may go back to 1.8 and see if that helps... with 1.8 was the only time my Phantom was %100 functional

EDIT: when I search for gimbal calibration, both word get left out of the search because they are "too common"... that is not helpful at all

hi mate... this thread should have your answer, especially the last few posts on page 2. I went through the same thing last weekend
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12755

basically, you need to calibrate the rc using rc assistant and fiddle with the X1 tuning screw during that process. afterwards, the x1 calibration in the PHANTOM assistant works properly.

I had to do the whole process like 3 times before I got my X1 lever really smooth

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I needed, it really should be mentioned somewhere.

I'm glad there are rad Phantom phlyers out there willing to help out

people here have helped me quite a bit, I'm happy to pay it forward :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost