Gimbal won't angle up or down. Help?

Reaction score
Hey guys, so my gimbal used to be able to look up and down by using the knob control on the left corner of the Phantom 2 controller. Somehow, it stopped working though, and only stays at a 45 degree angle. Besides that, the gimbal works fine, it just doesn't respond to when I try to angle up/down.

I am in NYC area. Any idea on if I can fix myself/someone who can? I bought off amazon and dont really have receipt or anything but could probably track the order down.

Thanks!

Hey guys, so my gimbal used to be able to look up and down by using the knob control on the left corner of the Phantom 2 controller. Somehow, it stopped working though, and only stays at a 45 degree angle. Besides that, the gimbal works fine, it just doesn't respond to when I try to angle up/down.

I am in NYC area. Any idea on if I can fix myself/someone who can? I bought off amazon and dont really have receipt or anything but could probably track the order down.

Thanks!

Which gimbal do you have H3-3D or the H4-3D??

Reactions: mister_chill
Do you have it enabled in NAZA assistant under Gimbal settings? I’m P1 pay grade so it’s probably different for your bird but would seem easy enough to take a look. Especially since it used to work but no longer does.

I spend a great deal of time in LIC Queens. Where do you fly?

Do you have it enabled in NAZA assistant under Gimbal settings? I’m P1 pay grade so it’s probably different for your bird but would seem easy enough to take a look. Especially since it used to work but no longer does.

I spend a great deal of time in LIC Queens. Where do you fly?
Hmm, I'll look into that. I'm new to droning so I'm not familiar with NAZA assistant and what it does. Nothing acute happened (crash, etc), so it seems like something trivial is prohibiting the remote from talking to the gimbal. But, like I said, the gimbal works perfectly and is communicating just fine with the drone.

I'm in Brooklyn, Bushwick to be specific. Haven't taken flight yet in the city, just bought my P2 for a roadtrip I just went on in July.

Hmm, I'll look into that. I'm new to droning so I'm not familiar with NAZA assistant and what it does. Nothing acute happened (crash, etc), so it seems like something trivial is prohibiting the remote from talking to the gimbal. But, like I said, the gimbal works perfectly and is communicating just fine with the drone.

I'm in Brooklyn, Bushwick to be specific. Haven't taken flight yet in the city, just bought my P2 for a roadtrip I just went on in July.

Have you calibrated X1 in both the RC and P2 software? The RC unit has to be turned on when calibrating X1 in the P2 software. There's also controls for the gimbal in the advanced tab of the P2 software and make sure the vertical limit is set to 0.
Actually adjust the vertical slider so you see how it works while you're connected to the software.

Hi, I have just just got myself a new phantom 2 v2 with the same gimbal, I did exactly what Jason suggested a few weeks ago and it fixed the problem.

Ah I see. I have not run any sort of software on my P2 yet, just took it out of the box and set up the gimbal, that's it.

Assuming this is the link to the software you guys are referring to:
Phantom 2 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

Thanks for the advice

Before you can use any of the software if you are using a PC be sure to connect the P2 to your computer and download the windows driver directly to the P2.

If you are using a zenmuse gimbal and GoPro you want to get longer landing gear or snap on extensions as the gimbal/camera are less than a quarter inch from the ground. Land to hard and it may cost you either in repairs, replacement or both.

Last edited:
I'm on a mac, I'm sure the set up is similar, though.

Where would you recommend for getting extra P2 parts, and what other parts would you recommend? I'm definitely going to invest in some bumpers for my propellers.

Hard to tell you where to go for parts without knowing where you live.

I assume by bumpers for your props you mean propeller guards. Well B&H has they myself I have no use for them after breaking mine along with a prop in first mishap in the backyard.

Did you get it working? I have the same issue from time to time and a quick plug into the Mac fixes it right up.
And if you were to ask my opinion, skip the prop guards as they easily just add weight to it. Some swear by them but most don't bother.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.