Gimbal Wires

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the black and gray wires that snap on to the gimbal? The P3S has these two wires which runs from the drone to the gimbal and snap into place. Even better would be a complete set which includes the ribbon wire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Schulze
For disassembling the gimbal:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For opening the shell:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When I look at videos where folks are connecting the ribbon wire to the bottom of the gimble, it looks like they just slip it in. I am having trouble getting mine to just slip in because the pins want to bend. Is there supposed to be a guide connected to the gimbal so that the end of the ribbon cable slips on easily or do you just have to be lucky?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Is your cable damaged?

The camera ribbon cable will have to be replaced. I was checking the cables between the gimble and body when the white antenna wire broke as I was putting things back together for a final check. Then I notice the ribbon was badly scuffed up (10' fall/crash).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The videos on replacing the gimbal wire ribon refer to locks or latches on the main board ribbon sockets and the camera board. I am either blind or ????? but I do not see anything that looks like a release on my P3S 2.7K gimbal. Photo below is of gimbal board connector. Do I just push them in the best way I can?

connector.jpg

I may be mistaken, it's been months since I did mine, but I think that the black bar that I marked with a red arrow, lifts up and swings left (as the picture is oriented). It stays connected, and is pretty fragile. Use a pointed tool (that you have good control over) to lift it gently to see if it will.

e701bbc3805e9c83bc7a39b3848bfff0.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers