gimbal vibration after update cant calibrate

Was it totally fine before this update or is this a brand new bird? If it was fine then I would roll the update back in DJI Assistant I believe.

yes it is new, few weeks. Flew and sounded fine before update. Have flown today and seems to be unaffected but the vibrating will probably come into the video. How to you go back in firmware?

Was it totally fine before this update or is this a brand new bird? If it was fine then I would roll the update back in DJI Assistant I believe.
Rolled back to previous firmware and seems to have solved the vibrations and can calibrate the gimbal.

yes it is new, few weeks. Flew and sounded fine before update. Have flown today and seems to be unaffected but the vibrating will probably come into the video. How to you go back in firmware?
Please, let us know if the vibration is fixed after you to rollback the firmware.

@hikingbears: I own a P4P+ and had the same exact problem after the update. Rolled hack to previous update.... problem solved![emoji3] Thanks Silvertonephotos.

I have 2 P4Ps and upgraded the first machine without any problems. The second machine has a gimbal shimmy and won't cal past 50%. Looks like I have to roll back. This new update is a pretty shaky affair. My guess is that the next update will fix this problem and give another new lot to worry about.
For a company that wants to promote safety I think they might have missed the point that firmware is pretty important!!!!

Same thing happened to me, I took the update, and assumed everything was going to be ok. Didn't realize the gimball had issues, it made noises while vibrating, I could not detect this problem outside. It also got very hot. Found the issue while I was indoors reviewing for editing. Tried to calibrate, and would not get past 50%. Rolled back the software, seems ok. Lost 3 days of recordings because the video is useless.

This is my issues as well! I will revert back to previous firmware tonight and report back. Drone is brand few 2 months. Have not been able to fly due to schedule. Now that I have free time I had to update firmware and came across gimbal issue. See video.

Dropbox - Video Jun 13, 9 37 18 PM.mov

UPDATE: reverting back to previous firmware on my p4p4+ fixd my gimbal issues both vibrating sounds and gimbal calibration

I was able to fix this issue with my P4P+. I first reset both the A/C & controler to factory setting while it still had the rolled back firmware. I then proceeded with the latest update. Then I recalibrated the gimbal, and it went right past 50% then finished. No more hot or vibrating camera gimbal. I then calibrated the IMU, the A/C & video is rock solid. No limitations on flight, got the maps to download, and there is an option to turn off smart RTH. Alls good. I might add, I did get this from B&H Photo in May '17.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik