Gimbal twitch

Reaction score
Newbie question. Just powering my P3S on for the first time and the gimbal does its little roll around, then i get the beeps THEN the gimbal twitches fast to the left.

It then returns to the centre very very slowly. This normal?

Makes a little "juddering" sound when i rotate the P3 hard Right also.

yes all normal. The roll and beeps is part of the normal startup. It will do this every time. Sometimes mine will do the slow drifting to center. Usually I do a compass calibration and it goes away but I can't say for sure that its related. The sound when you make quick motions is the gimbal reaching the maximum range of motion in attempting to compensate. Not the best to do repeatedly.

yes all normal. The roll and beeps is part of the normal startup. It will do this every time. Sometimes mine will do the slow drifting to center. Usually I do a compass calibration and it goes away but I can't say for sure that its related. The sound when you make quick motions is the gimbal reaching the maximum range of motion in attempting to compensate. Not the best to do repeatedly.

Cheers. Right i need to set this bird up and just get flying, Im on edge with the thing and i aint even flown it yet lol.

you need to use the flight sim and practice...especially if this you've never flown.

Edit: sorry I don't mean to hamper your enthusiasm, I've just seen many excited new pilots jump right in without being comfortable and relaxed about it and that's when errors and panic happen. I'd been practicing for months with smaller toy grade quads and when I got my phantom I watched every tutorial 2x or more and practiced in the sim several takeoffs, landings, control, and emergency shut offs.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers