Gimbal straight down

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've the drone since yesterday and everything was fine, just check all the functions and read the manual few times and watching some tutorials.
Also yesterday I did the Drone upgrade and the remote upgrade, (Aircraft 1.9.60 and remote 1.6.0) and upgrate the app,iOS.

Today just before try a small flight I notice that the gimbal pointing the camera totally down.. I did already the IMU / Compass calibration but nothig change.. still pointing down.
Even I try to move left - right the gimbal moves just a little bit.(almost nothing)
I switch several times the mode from Follow to FPV but nothing change.
I need really help.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0783.jpg
    IMG_0783.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0784.jpg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 364
The gimbal does not move left to right, that is normal. What happens when you turn the gimbal wheel on top right corner of your remote?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have never heard of a phantom 3 to be able to move gimbal left or right, it does move very little but you can't rotate left it right. But as to your main problem of not moving up and down, check the motor for any obstruction, check all the ribbon cables. By the way, Can you start the motors and fly the p3 at all?

T
I have never heard of a phantom 3 to be able to move gimbal left or right, it does move very little but you can't rotate left it right. But as to your main problem of not moving up and down, check the motor for any obstruction, check all the ribbon cables. By the way, Can you start the motors and fly the p3 at all?

thank you for your replay.
I sent it back to Amazon, because the gimbal was stocked down and I touched a little bit, was incredible HOOOOTTTT
So I preferred to send back and get another one..

I've heard of this a few times from those that had their phantom on for prolonged periods of time without any airflow to cool the gimbal.
Hunch always says on here to place a fan in front of your bird whenever you have to have it on for prolonged periods of time without any airflow. Like when doing any firmware upgrade...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've heard of this a few times from those that had their phantom on for prolonged periods of time without any airflow to cool the gimbal.
Hunch always says on here to place a fan in front of your bird whenever you have to have it on for prolonged periods of time without any airflow. Like when doing any firmware upgrade...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The Drone was 2 days old, never flew! ... I decided to give back...

I had a similar issue with mine when purchased used. The camera only moved a few degrees up. I recalibrated the controller buttons using the DJI Go application and I reset the range of the left wheel button. It worked fine after that. In this case with the overheating it may be damaged goods.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl