Gimbal stopped working after IMU calibration

Reaction score
So this past weekend I’m going to do some filming and when I started up my P4P it told me I had to do a IMU calibration. So I followed the steps and rotated the drone around as it instructed.

And when I was done I got it ready to fly but noticed the camera wasn’t facing straight. When I went over and looked, I realized the gimbal was making a high pitched whine noise and no longer working. I powered everything down and back up but it’s the same. Now the gimbal makes this noise and doesn’t work at all.

It’s still under full warranty but should I investigate anything else before going through the hassle of shipping it back. Anyone else had this happen?

“.....rotating the drone around...” is for a compass calibration, not an IMU calibration. For an IMU calibration the drone must be perfectly level and untouched until it completes the calibration.

More information can be found in your manual to clarify this procedure if you are unsure how to do it. Good luck.

Sorry by rotate around I meant tilting it on each side and upside down. I successfully completed the IMU calibration. But after that the gimbal stopped working. Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the gimbal stop working after an IMU calibration. Thanks.

Ok, no problem. Was just clarifying your actions to be sure. Maybe do another IMU calibration to double check? Hopefully there is a simple solution to this issue. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan