Gimbal shaking like crazy!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So my Phantom 2 with my H3-2D gimbal has been operating great for a while. All of a sudden, the gimbal has started behaving like it's having a seizure or something.

The Phantom flies just fine as usual but the gimbal just goes nuts for some reason I cannot explain. Here is a description of the symptoms:

As I'm flying, the gimbal will start pitching down, all by itself, until it's almost looking backwards and then go into a violent, slamming back and forth motion for a few seconds. It will stop this motion but has lost all composure. Basically, the camera is just hanging there all wonky. Then after a few moments, the gimbal may correct itself (or not) and it will again start pitching down and go into another fit, slamming back and forth. And by "slamming back and forth" I mean the rear motor on the gimbal will turn to each extreme very fast and violently.

I've also noticed a slight vertical shaking of my videos now as well.

Nothing has changed on my setup, that I know of, to produce this behavior.

I tried re-calibrating the RC/Controller, re-calbrating the Phantom itself. I've also done an advanced calibration of the IMU (Gimbal). The problem still persists.

Also, with the Phantom sitting still on my desk and powered on, I can feel a strong vibration coming from the Gimbal when I just barely touch it. If I touch it a little more firmly, the vibration stops temporarily but comes back a few seconds later. The vibration seems to be coming from the motors, not sure which one. Maybe the back one.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on? Ever heard of anything like this before? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Here's 2 videos I shot that shows the symptoms I'm describing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Tu2nO ... C7OXzkCmjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU83qSM ... C7OXzkCmjw

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic