Gimbal Settings in NAZA

Reaction score
This is a bit hard for me to understand without describing it, but I will try...

I installed a 2 axis brushless gimbal and a GoPro Hero 3 White on my FC40. On the Tx, I then removed the stock potentiometer and soldered in the wires and dial potentiometer (mod on youtube). I connected the Pitch to F2 and the Roll to F1. I want the max upward pitch to be level view when hovering/flying and I want the roll to be level. I went into the NAZA Assistant and calibrated:

Pitch: Max: 350 Center: -50 Min: -90

Roll: Max: 1000 Center: -100 Min: -1000

Using these settings, my camera is level (roll), and the camera max upward movement (pitch) is facing strait, the max downward angle (pitch) is 90 degrees from strait, or looking strait down.

Here is the question, the new dial potentiometer needs to move from lock (full counterclockwise) about a 1/3 or greater of it's travel before it gets to the point it will start to move the camera, and then the camera will move as planned, then when I pass the point of it looking strait down, the dial will still turn and the camera is now stationary.

Did I do something wrong or is this the cause of my pitch settings, the dial still needs to travel the distance to reach the initial settings and then will operate within its programmed range and then continue to travel after it has reached it max movement in the other direction?

Or is there a way to tell the dial that the full lock counter clockwise is the strait setting and the full lock clockwise is the looking strait down setting?

Or have I made this way to confusing to understand.

Last question for now... The USB connector for the Tx is inside the case, anyone know of a simple mod that will place it to where I don't need to keep opening the case when I want to do something?

Thanks!

Justin

You should not need to open transmitter case to do any adjustments with the USB.

It can all be done via the nazam software connected to fc40 and the tx on.

JustinGr said:
I went into the NAZA Assistant and calibrated:
These settings are mainly for the DJI gimbals, that use the NAZA orientation sensor. If your gimbal is not DJI, than it has it's own orientation sensor and it's own servo settings. Don't need to bother with these settings.

Try this, much simpler: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19172&p=177630#p177630

BladHaund said:
JustinGr said:
I went into the NAZA Assistant and calibrated:
These settings are mainly for the DJI gimbals, that use the NAZA orientation sensor. If your gimbal is not DJI, than it has it's own orientation sensor and it's own servo settings. Don't need to bother with these settings.

Try this, much simpler: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19172&p=177630#p177630

I connected my BGC 2.2 gimbal controller Pitch and Roll pins to the NAZA F1 and F2 connectors. I enabled the gimbal in NAZA and it moves the camera. I am not interested in the left and right (roll), but I use NAZA to level it because the BGS was off a few degrees. My main use is to control the pitch. It works, I am just trying to understand the travel of the knob.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31