gimbal roll

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I've had my phantom vision 2+ for a couple of weeks now and love it! I went out for a flight today and noticed that the camera has a tilt to it, from it's neutral position. In other words, the horizon would be tilted if a video were made. All else seems fine, but I can't seem to get the camera to go back into a level position. I can place it into a perfectly horizontal position manually but it does not stay there. It does seem to change pitch (up and down) normally.

Anyone know what could have caused this, and how to fix it? I have had a couple of hard landings initially but all seemed to be in order after them.....

Thanks in advance,

Al

Hey Al..I'm not positive on how to fix it ,but I've seen several videos on u tube that might help you out..I'm guessing you need to take the gimble apart and recenter the camera and put it back together. .also I've heard of a guy named" hunch" and another named "burlbark"..pm them and ask for help..Hopefully this will get you pointed in the right direction. .happy flying turbodronepilot. ..

Have you crashed before? Hard landings?
The camera is held by a pressed fit shaft using only friction. It can come loose easily from bumps or even forgetting to remove the clamp.

Anyways do the below before proceeding to the camera tilt solution + locktite 290 wicker fix.

Make sure your FPV Is unchecked.
The gimbal talks to the phantom, so do an advanced IMU calibration when the phantom is cold (faster and more accurate when cold). If you get the heat warning, remove battery and place phantom battery slot near an air conditioner or wait 20 minutes for it to cool down.

Maybe do a compass dance at the new location. Ianwoods from project sparrow (on the Phantom 2 forum) is looking at correlations between the compass and the Zenmuse H3-3D magnetic declination memory affect that causes 1-2 degree tilts.

Duke007down said:
Try an advanced IMU calibration using the assistant software. Should straighten the horizon.

This is the cure unless its seen some hard landing or gimbal grabbing :D

I had the same thing. Gimbal tilted a few degrees off horizon. Before you try a fix that uses glue or other permanent modifications, call dji and get it sent in. They replaced mine for free. They might not repair it under warranty if you try to modify it.

moto phantom said:
Call as in call on the phone? Or email? I cannot find a phone number for them anywhere.

Try and get it repaired/replaced by DJI - that's always the right choice.

I had this exact same thing happen (as have many people). The camera rotates on it's shaft because of it's flimsy design and a few hard knocks.

If you can't get DJI to step up, you can try to repair it yourself. This is my repair video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxM8OOWRQc[/youtube]

You can also track down Hani (aka Hunch) on here and ask him to do it. He can't do it for free under warranty but he's really good and quite quick.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17538

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik