Gimbal resetting after initial compass calibration

Reaction score
Hi,
Very new to this and wondered if others had experienced the same. When I do the initial compass calibration of turning round in a circle and then tipping phantom on its side and rotating round the Gimbal goes all loose and I then have to reset by taking the battery out and starting again. It then works as I don't have to recalibrate the compass as it is already done. Any thoughts please?
Thanks

lloyd77 said:
Hi,
Very new to this and wondered if others had experienced the same. When I do the initial compass calibration of turning round in a circle and then tipping phantom on its side and rotating round the Gimbal goes all loose and I then have to reset by taking the battery out and starting again. It then works as I don't have to recalibrate the compass as it is already done. Any thoughts please?
Thanks

Yes - The gimbal is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.... Hibernate. When external forces act on the gimbal outside of it's normal working parameters (in your case calibrating the compass) the H3-2D goes into hibernation mode and shuts down to protect the motors.

As you have found out a simple power cycle will bring the gimbal back 'online' and all is well.

The Editor said:
lloyd77 said:
Hi,
Thanks

Yes - The gimbal is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.... Hibernate. When external forces act on the gimbal outside of it's normal working parameters (in your case calibrating the compass) the H3-2D goes into hibernation mode and shuts down to protect the motors.

As you have found out a simple power cycle will bring the gimbal back 'online' and all is well.

Thank you, much appreciated
Andrew

Hi. That action, turn of the phantom and turn on again it works for gimbal, but i wondering, what going on with gps position of phantom when the power goes down. The phantom reforma the gps postion when the calibration was done and when you do calibrate, then the turn of the power and turn on again the gps position will be missing.

What u think about it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj