Gimbal Replacement - DJI vs GOPRO

Reaction score
I flew my Vision 2 Plus into a tree at full speed and destroyed the gimbal and camera. :eek: (I know...I'm an idiot :roll: ) but anyway.... My question is - Can I replace the Vision 2 Plus Camera and Gimbal with the Zenmuse H3-3D for the GOPRO and will it work exactly the same?

msinger said:
You can if you buy the quick release:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28749

yup can be done... without the $400 DE quick release...
It's reversible but you need to open up the phantom...
I've only done as a test and it works great.

The good:
The GoPro can used elsewhere.
GoPro 3+ BE vid quality is more usable.
Can do simultaneous vid and interval stills.
More robust as the gimbal looks more durable.
Can leave wifi active on the GoPro and use Gopro app on phone to take photo or change settings within 25m.
All the vision functions (2 way communication) : GS, Dynamic HP, can still be used.

The bad:
Can't take photos or adjust settings on the fly unless within 25m with wifi on.

I have both units. If the DJI camera/gimbal/flex cable goes, i'll be doing this mod.

Phantom%202%20Vision%20Plus%20with%20H33D%20and%20GoPro.jpg

Phantom%202%20Vision%20Plus%20with%20GO%20Pro%20Screen%20capture%201.png

Mako79 said:
yup can be done... without the $400 DE quick release
So, how exactly did you accomplish this?

msinger said:
Mako79 said:
yup can be done... without the $400 DE quick release
So, how exactly did you accomplish this?

The guys on rcgroups discovered it.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31050
And i forgot to mention that i have it working on android fpv.
I think it works on ios but missing telemetry.

Go the drone expert way if you want to do quick swaps. I can tell you, once you go gopro black, you'll never go back.

Thanks for the info! I really didn't want to pay $679 for a new V2+ camera when I already have a GOPRO. I will give it a try.

HI Guys!

I´m having a problem here, and in the las t weeks I´ve been reading a bunch of threads to find a solution, and this one goes exactly in my way!

I´ve crashed my P2V+ and the gimbal stopped working, the software does not respond and the main gimbal board don't show any light. In my opinion the main Gimbal board is totally broken.

So, I have a GoPro 3+Black, and can I put it in the Phanton and still use the Dji Software to Stream video?

Best regards, many thanks

ncapela said:
I´ve crashed my P2V+ and the gimbal stopped working, the software does not respond and the main gimbal board don't show any light. In my opinion the main Gimbal board is totally broken.
Have you checked the grey cables that connect to the gimbal board?
They often get dislodged in a crash and give the symptoms you describe.

ncapela said:
HI Guys!

I´m having a problem here, and in the las t weeks I´ve been reading a bunch of threads to find a solution, and this one goes exactly in my way!

So, I have a GoPro 3+Black, and can I put it in the Phanton and still use the Dji Software to Stream video?

Best regards, many thanks

Yes. I have successfully installed and flown a Vision + with a h3-3d Zenmuse gimbal and gopro3+BE.
You just cant change settings on the fly because the DJI app cannot speak to the gopro.

But listen to Meta and check the cabling. The 3 sets of cables that come down from the phantom to the gimbal board are imperative. The 4pin clip-in controls the telemetry and tilt and the other 2 sets acts as a bridge to power the wifi module.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4