Gimbal repair possible?

Reaction score
Hi fellow pilots!. Is it possible to have the gimbal repaired or does it likely mean I would need to just purchase a completely new one? When you power up the camera does level out but if you tilt the bird any direction on it's axis the camera flips and spaz's out. The rattle of death I heard someone once call it. On a recent flight tonight it did that on a few minor turns. I've tired the popular alignment shaft fix on the back of the gimbal and it's set perfect but doesn't seem to make any difference.

Also when I have it on the ground. The wifi keeps dropping. Is that problem with the extender or the wifi on the bird? Its takes quite a while to get it ready for flight between the constant "Video signal Lost" and "Phantom connection broken".

Once I get them both to connect on several tries and get it up in the air it's flies perfect otherwise.

I am in Florida and I believe I located a Miami DJI Authorized repair center. I will call them tomorrow but wanted to hear from you folks first in case there was any other options.

Thanks everyone!

dysan911 said:
Hi fellow pilots!. Is it possible to have the gimbal repaired or does it likely mean I would need to just purchase a completely new one? When you power up the camera does level out but if you tilt the bird any direction on it's axis the camera flips and spaz's out. The rattle of death I heard someone once call it. On a recent flight tonight it did that on a few minor turns. I've tired the popular alignment shaft fix on the back of the gimbal and it's set perfect but doesn't seem to make any difference.

Also when I have it on the ground. The wifi keeps dropping. Is that problem with the extender or the wifi on the bird? Its takes quite a while to get it ready for flight between the constant "Video signal Lost" and "Phantom connection broken".

Once I get them both to connect on several tries and get it up in the air it's flies perfect otherwise.

I am in Florida and I believe I located a Miami DJI Authorized repair center. I will call them tomorrow but wanted to hear from you folks first in case there was any other options.

Thanks everyone!

You probably have a broken potentiometer on the pitch or roll brushless motor axis. I repair 5-10 a week. Take a look at my pics here and you can trouble shoot it yourself if you so chose. https://www.facebook.com/USdronerepair

Jeremy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1