Gimbal recommendations

Reaction score
I've had my Phantom 2 for about 8 months now, and would like to get a gimbal.
I have the G/S and mini-IosD,
But haven't gotten any other FPV stuff yet, that will hopefully come this summer.

I've had the go pro3 hard mounted since purchase and would really like some recommendations.
It seems there are ALOT of options ranging from the $50 Chinese ones to $350+ Zenmuse.

I know you get what ya pay for, but are there any of the cheaper ones that I should just stay away from ?

Thanks in advance !

Lilfoot said:
I've had my Phantom 2 for about 8 months now, and would like to get a gimbal.
I have the G/S and mini-IosD,
But haven't gotten any other FPV stuff yet, that will hopefully come this summer.

I've had the go pro3 hard mounted since purchase and would really like some recommendations.
It seems there are ALOT of options ranging from the $50 Chinese ones to $350+ Zenmuse.

I know you get what ya pay for, but are there any of the cheaper ones that I should just stay away from ?

Thanks in advance !

My advice to most people on this subject is get the Zenmuse HD3D - why? Because DJI makes it and tests with it extensively. With the way firmware updates have been coming out - I would rather have something I at least KNOW they are testing for compatibility...

Just get the Zenmuse and be done with it. There's far more support for it as it's the most widely used gimbal for the P2. If and when things go wrong, you're more likely to get help.

The Zenmuse is the way to go - for one its simple to install - kinda plug and play and your running - and it works.

The chineese cheapos are ok - Tarrot is not bad. Some require a bit of soldering and DIY skill to get going.... SO if thats not you stay away. But I have seen some great footage shot with a aftermarket gimbal.. Just one thing to remember - the Phantom RC software allows you to callibrate your gimbal quite well. The fong kong ones dont allow you to do that.

So its all budget related... My advice would be the Zenmuse

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20