Gimbal question

Reaction score
Hi I'm completely new here and I have a few questions :?:

I film motocross in Australia and am thinking of purchasing the phantom 2
I already have a gopro but my only problem is my budget so I will probably be buying the phantom as a standalone without a gimbal but will definitely want one in the future. So at the start am I ok with just buying a gopro mount and doing some filming (will the quality be ok or are there far too many vibrations) and eventually I will purchase a gimbal but I just can't afford the zenmuse ones so are there any good alternatives?

Thanks in advance

It's going to be pretty bad with just the Go Pro. You can google and look on youtube for video from the P2 Vision and it will be similar, as that is also a system w/out a gimbal. It will take pictures, and shaky video, but I would try real hard to save up for a gimbal.

landonkk said:
It's going to be pretty bad with just the Go Pro. You can google and look on youtube for video from the P2 Vision and it will be similar, as that is also a system w/out a gimbal. It will take pictures, and shaky video, but I would try real hard to save up for a gimbal.

(Sigh) I guess I will just save up the full amount for the phantom 2 with h3 3d gimbal. For the price it should be the best gimbal around :lol:

You definitely want to save and get the H3-3D combo, it's a bigger initial cost, but a better overall value. Footage without a gimbal is pretty much crap. You film motocross, I do DH MTB's, so I'm sure we can share stories about blair-witch FPV. The gimbal will make all shots look pro.
I may be biased, but i think it is the best gimbal out for the Phantom 2. It integrates easily, light, and stable. I've gone through an ARRIS CM2000, Tarot, H3-2D, and the H3-3D. My ARRIS was ok, the Tarot better, but heavier. The H3-2D is head and shoulders above both (IMO), but when I saw the yaw get resolved with the H3-3D, I realized how much clearer my footage looked.
I tried to go budge, but I'm drinking from the DJI Kool Aid pretty heavily.

+1 on Diesels thoughts. The Zenmuse is the "better fit" for the P2. And now with the Zen 3 out you'll have much better video shots. The Zen 3 is also lighter (Z2 - 230 gs / Z3 - 168gs) Go for the P2 w/Zen 3 and you'll have akiller pkge for what you want to do w/it.

Cheers guys

I bought the phantom 2 with h3 3d gimbal and I am definitely happy with the choice the footage looks professional. And to think I almost ended up with the vision plus haha

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj