Gimbal Protector

Reaction score
Newbi Question: There are a couple of aftermarket gimbal protectors, ie: Phantom Fix 2.
Would my Phantom Vision 2 + V3.0 benefit from this. Are these made for the latest version of Phantom's.
I am a beginning flyer, so I'm looking for products that might save my but and dollars.
Thanks

I bought and installed a Fix 2, one with doublewide tape. After a shop visit, I had the chance to add the next generation design that screws on with three tiny screws. It seems so easy to bounce the gimbal, tear the flat cable or misalign the horizon...that this $20 Fix2 bracket seems like a no brainer. ($20 to save $700).

Other advice I gained from watching many hours of video...fly low in an open field doing simple skill sets. Fly and Fly some more. Don't do anything beyond "driver training" until you have 10 flights under your belt. Take off slowly, loiter, fly in squares, land, repeat.
Put prop guards on your bird...a clumsy landing can cost you a set of props. It would be easy to bump into a tree and break props. It would be easy to bump into a dog/bird/person and do a nasty weed whack. You would be liable for such injury. Put on prop guards.

I installed a set that screw on. Made it clumsy to keep my bird in its box, so then bought a set of quick-removing prop guards. I now have a spare set of guards.
Glyph

nporst, the gimbal protectors work with all versions of the P2V+. You can find all of the commonly used protectors here:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/#GimbalProtector

I would not suggest trying the Original Phantom Fix. It attaches to the gimbal via double-sided tape and is made by hand -- so, it's not very precise. The Phantom Fix 2 is machined, so it's a huge improvement over the original.

Newbi Question: There are a couple of aftermarket gimbal protectors, ie: Phantom Fix 2.
Would my Phantom Vision 2 + V3.0 benefit from this. Are these made for the latest version of Phantom's.
I am a beginning flyer, so I'm looking for products that might save my but and dollars.
Thanks
Look at the ,,killer rc gimbal guard ,does the job & looks great

Car bumpers, seat belts, airbags, and auto insurance aren't necessary either if you follow that logic.

Reactions: len750
Anyone know where i can get a gimbal protector in the uk? preferably black in colour.
cheers.

Anyone know where i can get a gimbal protector in the uk? preferably black in colour.
cheers.

I haven't seen any black ones on the market. But some black spray paint is all you need before you install it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl