Gimbal problems after getting a new compass

Reaction score
Hello,
I was having the hardest time after a terrible crash. I replaced the shell, couldn't get it to fly, but the gimbal was always moving when I turned on the drone. I replaced the compass, did an advanced calibration, and now the gimbal doesn't move at all.
I have read through these forums, and I can't seem to find anyone who has the same problem as me. Any idea what happened? Does the compass affect the gimbal?

Thanks,

Is there lights on the gimbal? There should be an LED next to the silver button on the gimbal. If not, then you need to recheck your cables and make sure they are seating firmly.

Hello,
I was having the hardest time after a terrible crash. I replaced the shell, couldn't get it to fly, but the gimbal was always moving when I turned on the drone. I replaced the compass, did an advanced calibration, and now the gimbal doesn't move at all.
I have read through these forums, and I can't seem to find anyone who has the same problem as me. Any idea what happened? Does the compass affect the gimbal?

Thanks,

Hi Sammygoat,
you give little information about your setup. I guess your gimbal is a Zenmuse?
The Phantom compass does not affect the gimbal. The Zenmuse has it's own controller and the movement is controlled from a dedicated gyrosensor in the gimbal, not from a compass.
In general, Zenmuse is quite sensitive to shock hazard. If it doesn't move at all, first you want to check is cables. In particular, there's a ribbon cable inside passing thru all axes. This is likely to break in a crash. It can be replaced, anyway this means to disassemble the gimbal...
For more detailed ideas, please post pictures...

I had a similar issue once, does your gimbal show up in the assistant? Mine wasn't moving like yours and wouldn't show up in the assistant so I did a hard reset, it showed back up and I reloaded the firmware. There's a few youtube videos on how to do it.

Hello,

Thanks,

There is an LED on the back of the gimbal plate which will light if it is receiving power. If it isn't you may need to replace the 8 pin cable. If that is ok then calibrate the RC units sticks and X1 in the assistant software and the same in the P2 software with the RC turned on. Now if that fails check to see if the gimbal recognized in the upgrades. Last of all a hard reset of the gimbal and here's the video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues