Gimbal problem

Reaction score
I had a problem with my gimbal, I fired up my bird as usual, however, my camera was looking straight down, I picked up my bird and the camera was just pointing down. I shut down the bird and the rc, I then restarted everything again, hoping that it would reboot the gimbal. But once again the gimbal had the camera pointing down, I turned the pitch wheel to raise the camera up but it would not move the camera. I then decided to have it lift off to see if that would do anything, I had it hovering several feet off the ground, the gimbal pitch wheel would not raise the camera to the horizon. As it was hovering I was having a hard time keeping it steady, I checked my switch I was in p mode, I brought it back down and shut it down.

So tonight I searched to see if I could find what the problem was, I never crashed it, I would consider all my landings as soft, all the threads seemed to address crashing and hard landings bad for gimbals. Then I saw that the gimbal can be calibrated, so I then started the aircraft up to calibrate it, but when I started it up the start up sequence put the camera in its normal position looking out at the horizon, the pitch control wheel worked fine. Has anyone had this problem in the past and if so what caused it? Many thanks in helping me.

I had a similar issue this morning, but it reset on first try. Very comforting to start the day like that (not).

If you start the phantom in grass, the grass blocks the camera from pointing up and it will freeze in the down position until a restart or calibration.

I don't know if this help but I was having the same issue and the problem was that the SD card was broken and it was shorting out the camera. I change the SD card for a new one and the problem was solved.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj