gimbal problem

Reaction score
Flew my Phantom 4 Advanced drone last week with no problems. Wiped down the exterior, charged the batteries, put on guards and put it away as usual. Pulled it out today to fly and the gimbal does not work properly. The pitch motor makes a full range of motion during start up, but then stays pointing in a odd direction(usually downward) and makes a medium pitch squealish noise. It still streams to tablet, but does not respond to move by RC controller. Software is up to date. Calibrated IMU and compass. it said the gimbal successfully calibrated even though it never moved. Tried powering on/off about 10 times. It mostly faces down, a couple times it faced 45 degree down and 45 degrees up. One time, it was twitching about 30 degrees up and down in a more upward position. Yaw and horizontal roll seem to square up and work properly. Just the pitch is off and making the noise. Any suggestions?

Flew my Phantom 4 Advanced drone last week with no problems. Wiped down the exterior, charged the batteries, put on guards and put it away as usual. Pulled it out today to fly and the gimbal does not work properly. The pitch motor makes a full range of motion during start up, but then stays pointing in a odd direction(usually downward) and makes a medium pitch squealish noise. It still streams to tablet, but does not respond to move by RC controller. Software is up to date. Calibrated IMU and compass. it said the gimbal successfully calibrated even though it never moved. Tried powering on/off about 10 times. It mostly faces down, a couple times it faced 45 degree down and 45 degrees up. One time, it was twitching about 30 degrees up and down in a more upward position. Yaw and horizontal roll seem to square up and work properly. Just the pitch is off and making the noise. Any suggestions?

I forgot to mention that the aircraft has never been crashed or had a hard landing. If has 36 flights on it. All have been on dry days with temperatures between 45 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Last flight was for 10 minutes and everything worked fine.

I forgot to mention that the aircraft has never been crashed or had a hard landing. If has 36 flights on it. All have been on dry days with temperatures between 45 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Last flight was for 10 minutes and everything worked fine.

Have you tried to calibrate gimbal in the DJI-GO 4 app? Not the IMU i mean.

IMG_0484.jpg

Thanks for the response. Yes, I have calibrated it. I just find it odd that the motor would go out that suddenly. Also, I noticed that the horizontal roll levels out when turning on, but it does not react when tilting the drone. Obviously, the pitch does not react either. Was wondering if it might be the ribbon cable?

I appreciate all suggestions or items to try to trouble shoot it down further. I would much rather replace a part or two vs buying a new gimbal assembly.

Does it move freely when you move it by hand? I had my ribbon come loose once and the camera was getting snagged on it so look for that too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.