Gimbal problem out of nowhere VIDEO ADDED

Reaction score
All had been fine and dandy the past 2 days but now the gimbal is "jerking". It will try to hold itself steady, the pop down several times during flight. Anyone heard of this? Hopefully a simple fix?????? THank you

Joel

Re: Gimbal problem out of nowhere

I'll have a video shortly showing this.

Surely someone has seen this before? Also, should you be able to hear the gimbal at work at all? Any advice appreciated.

Thank you,
Joel

I don't think an issue like this has cropped up before. It looks slightly like its trying to do the self test the gimbal does when you first turn the phantom on
As you say, i think you are going to have to return it to whoever you bought it from. :(

I've seen video from a few which would flick to the left then slowly come back to centre, but not like this.
Have you connected to the assistant recently, there is a firmware update to the camera.
Applying it can do no harm and it does stop the start-up jerks so possibly helpful.

Thank you both very much. I tried updating and all, but the problem was still there this morning. Flies wonderfully, but I can't live with that camera gimbal glitch. Luckily it is my understanding that B&H Photography has a good exchange policy.

Regards,
Joel

I had the gimble tilting to the left and slowly going back to center...I was hoping the gimble software update would correct it but it didn't...Yours is even worse then mine was...I contacted my dealer and sent it back for a replacement...

I just finished packing it all back up. Mental note...TAKE A PICTURE HOW IT COMES OUT OF THE BOX! :shock: I'm going to overnight it to them Monday and hopefully have a new unit by end of week. This thing is just too much fun!

I had been unable to get the DJI Phantom 2 Vision + Assist and R/C assist software to work so I thought I might as well learn or experiment on this unit before I shipped it back. Come to find out, they weren't working because I had not downloaded and used the DJI Win driver software. I upgraded everything to the latest and thought I might see if that fixed the problem. I was able to get into the Vision and R/C assist, but could not figure out how to set the S1 and S2. I suppose YouTube will help me with that. But to my point, the wind was gusting up to 35 mph but I decided to get a test flight video to see if I still had the gimbal "nodding" problem as seen in the video above. Tough flying and landing even with GPS but not once did I get a "nod" out of my camera. If someone doesn't mind answering this (yes, I DID RTFM) question, if you are banking steeply for an extended period of time causing the gimbal motor to run, will it eventually "drop itself to keep from over heating? Does that make any sense? I have had this occur a few times while holding it at a right 45 Degree angle (with camera facing me) causing the gimbal motor to run. When going back to 0 from the 45 degree sometimes it drops a bit. Is this normal? Thank you all for your help, time and patience. I hope I can pass it one someday.

Lastly, I'd like to add sometimes it seems the gimbal motor runs a lot more than other times, when inside doing tests. Is this normal, and lastly, what would you do, ship it back or attribute the problem to me being a newbie?

My gimbal would sometimes twitch to the right for no reason, tried everything but it wouldn't stop then I noticed a little bit of dirt around the slot of the motor. Took a can of compressed air blew out all three motors and the problem went away

I'm going to post this in case others have the same problems and a search might find this. Ghostrunner, thank you for your suggestion, I thought for sure that might be my answer, ran to Wal-Mart to get some canned air but no luck. In regards to this problem, these are the facts I know. The first few flight videos were fine, flight controls fine. Then I started noticing the gimbal "nodding" up and down. TWO THINGS I FOUND OUT. 1st, it does this mostly while trying to maintain a 90 degree, full up camera position and 98% of the time the gimbal "nods", it is facing oncoming, moderate to strong winds along with some "jello effect". When the camera is not facing oncoming winds, there doesn't seem to be that much of a problem. During my last flight though I did lose control of the camera tilt off an on for a bit. It would show being pointing straight down on the status bar on my IOS screen, but actually be at a 60 degree angle. It took some time and button pushing to get camera tilt control back. What caused this new problem, I have no idea. So, back to B&H it goes this Monday. I've never dealt with them in regards to exchanges, but I'm hoping I have no problem exchanging for a new one and pray I don't have the same problem! I would post the newest videos showing the problem, but the one I posted on page 1 seems to show it the best. Thank you all very much for your input. Any further input would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Joel

One last thing I'd like to make sure is understood after viewing several videos of my gimbal "nods". They always happen when flying the same direction, or there about, which is usually SW and into the wind, or the battery pointing at a cell tower that is about 3/4 a mile away. Any thoughts on that one, and with this, I'll do more reading and less posting as to not upset those that seem to dislike new owners with questions. Thanks to all and their kind help.

Regards,
Joel

Hardware. Had a side to side jerk on mine. Retailer sent me a replacement camera with gimbal. All good now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers