Gimbal problem after crash

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Received my very own P2V+ yesterday and got a couple of hours with it. Very happy of course.

Unfortunately I managed to crash it into a tree today (pilot error). Apart from a little bent in the frame the gimbal is hanging from (so not the gimbal itself) everything appears to be fine. However when I turn the P2V+ on the gimbal starts to behave erratically, it's spastically moving both its motors from end to end. It's like it's trying to spin the camera 360 degrees...

I tried hooking the phantom up to my PC and the values in the IMU calibrations window show the gimbal going crazy. I tried to do basic and advanced calibration but no joy. I tried to reflash the firmware, no joy. Do you guys have any idea on what to do next? Or should I go buy a new gimbal.......?

Thanks!

Some pics:

(The green stuff is grass, yes)

I suppose the best way to get it straightened would be to take the gimbal off and then the plate and bend it back straight. I'll try that later if there is no other solution.

Attachments

• rsz_img_2046.jpg
    rsz_img_2046.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 483
  • rsz_img_2045.jpg
    rsz_img_2045.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 514
So, I figured my problem has to be mechanical since all firmware/software updating proceeds as normal. I took the gimbal apart (hey, it's broken due to pilot error anyways) and it seems the axis/spindle (English is not my native language, sorry) is crooked. I think the unexpected resistance during reset is causing a software panic of some sort. I'm not really sure how to fix this yet, the tools I need to investigate further are in my car. I will keep you posted when I continue investigating (it's bedtime in Europe).

By any chance, is there anyone who knows what brand/type of motors they are using in these gimbals? Swapping the motor will be the quickest fix I guess...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1