Gimbal pricing

One thing I've never understood is if these non-Zenmuse gimbals integrate into the Phantom like the Zenmuse does? like do they use the default/same cable that comes out of the Phantom? do they pass the video signal up into the Phantom so you can tap into it internally for FPV like the Zenmuse?

If so, heck why not get a $50 gimbal instead of a $300 gimbal. If not and you want FPV I'd stick with the gimbal designed by the manufacturer to go with your Phantom and get the Zenmuse H3-2D or -3D. Also if not, make sure there's enough room there to tap into the USB connection on the side

also it looks like you have to buy additional equipment in order to control the tilt of the gimbal from the Phantom remote which is of course native on the Zenmuses
ebay link said:
if you need use the pitch or roll control by phantom stock radio system,you need buy one more this receiver:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4G-6-channel- ... 1e82a74061.

QYV said:
One thing I've never understood is if these non-Zenmuse gimbals integrate into the Phantom like the Zenmuse does? like do they use the default/same cable that comes out of the Phantom? do they pass the video signal up into the Phantom so you can tap into it internally for FPV like the Zenmuse?

Nope, not natively anyway. A non-DJI gimbal can draw power from the Phantom's mainboard via the FPV output port, but can't send video through the same path the Zenmuse gimbals do...unless maybe you mapped the pinouts on DJI's 8-strand cable to figure out which to splice to.

thanks OI good to know. that's why I don't even try to help guys that talk about other gimbals heh
I'm actually missing my 2D this 3D is giving me fits

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj