Gimbal pitch limited after upgrade

Reaction score
Please read this entire post -- I'm aware this subject has been covered in other threads.

I upgraded all the available software for my Phantom 1.1.1, and after doing so the pitch range of my H3-2D gimbal is extremely limited (the lowest I can angle it is currently straight ahead, which still captures the blades). The X1 range (as reported by the NAZA app is 7-354).

I've read posts suggesting that I change the pitch settings in the gimbal table of the NAZA app, though they're already set at their limits (1000 max, -1000 min), and none of the test changes that I've made seem to make any different. Other posts suggest recalibrating in the PhantomRC App, though the app is unresponsive to my controller movements, and the "Calibration" button does nothing (I've tried on both the Mac and Windows versions of the program).

Additionally, X1 calibration isn't even an option in the NAZA app:

x1calibration.png

Any thoughts? I will gladly pay $20 via PayPal to whomever supplies me with the answer to my problem -- I have a job coming up this week that will involve shooting with the Phantom, and I need to a larger pitch range!

Re: Gimbal pitch limited after upgrade ($20 for correct answ

You say you tried the rc assistant, did you have your controller/tx connected to the computer for this or did you connect the phantom? I think the usb port on the 1.1.1 is on the inside of the controller.

So, connect controller/tx to computer, run rc assistant, calibrate everything. Then remove controller/shut down rc assistant, connect phantom, run naza assistant, although it looks like you cant calibrate x1 in naza assistant, do it anyway, calibrate the sticks and move x1 through its motions. It must be done in that order, controller first in rc assistant, then phantom in naza assistant.

If this fixes it, there you go. Keep your $20 :p

Another shot-worked for me recently- calibrate the Tx manually [as per instruction manual] independent of the software.
Include gimbal tilt in ' move all controls to full extent' bit.

Again your $20 is off the table!

Great suggestions! I tried both, however neither worked.

Weirdly enough, the solution ended up being software-related. I'd been calibrating my system using the NAZA app for the Mac -- which, as the screenshot above shows, doesn't have the option for X1 calibration. Instead, I downloaded a Windows emulator (VMWare) and found that the Windows version of the program DOES have an X1 calibration option -- and that calibration solved my problem.

I hope that solution can help someone else!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic