Gimbal Pitch Control does not work

Reaction score
I have a Phantom !, I bought a Gimbal off ebay, (China) and installed it.
I wired the Power to the Grey and Red sticking out the leg, and connected the Wire from the NAZA to the pin on the Gimbal, Used the Assistant to turn on the Gimbal control,

When I turn on the unit, the camera centers and tilts up and a 45' angle and stays there,
If I unplug the wire for the gimbal pitch, the camera moves horizontal
When I move the copter the gimbal works,
I just can not control the pitch, I downloaded "Simple BGC GUI V2.4 B7
Tried to follow the procedures, No success
How do I get the pitch to work

Does your controler have the pitch adjust lever on the back?
If not you will need to instal one if you want to adjust the angle of the camera on the fly.
Otherwise you can make adjustments with a small phillips head screwdriver,very carefully so as not to damage the trim pot inside the controller.
There are two holes in the back of the controller beside the battery cover.The upper one is the one to adjust pitch.Turn it slowly until the camera is at the desired angle.

There are lots of video tutorials on youtube that show how to do the adjustments and how to fit a lever to the controler,Search Phantom 1 pitch control.
3D printed pitch control levers that are easy to instal can be bought from Shapeways.
(X1) Pitch Control Lever by maikelsdesign on Shapeways

I have a Phantom !, I bought a Gimbal off ebay, (China) and installed it.
I wired the Power to the Grey and Red sticking out the leg, and connected the Wire from the NAZA to the pin on the Gimbal, Used the Assistant to turn on the Gimbal control,

When I turn on the unit, the camera centers and tilts up and a 45' angle and stays there,
If I unplug the wire for the gimbal pitch, the camera moves horizontal
When I move the copter the gimbal works,
I just can not control the pitch, I downloaded "Simple BGC GUI V2.4 B7
Tried to follow the procedures, No success
How do I get the pitch to work

Please, note the following additional instructions after having checked the suggestions from PTCX.
Check that in the GUI program, tab "RC settings" the selection for the param "PITCH" is "RC PITCH PWM". Check also that you have different numbers in "MIN angle" and "Max angle" parameters.
Obviously double check that you connected the correct Naza Output "+" with the correct Gimbal input (+) (in mine is A0, but my firmware is V2.2B2).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan