Gimbal or phantom noise..... Help...

Reaction score
I just flew my P4 for the second time. When I powered everything on I notice a very faint sound and not sure if it's normal. The only way to describe the sound is it sounds like a kid put a card in his bicycle wheel if anybody knows what I'm talking about. It's the only way I know how to explain the sound. Other than that it flies perfect the camera works perfectly and I don't see anything wrong with it so maybe this is normal?

From my understanding there is an internal cooling fan that keeps things cool inside the body of the Phantom 4. That is more than likely the noise you are hearing .

Well when I was updating everything a very loud fan did kick on. Maybe the fan is on low speed and that's what it is.

I just flew my P4 for the second time. When I powered everything on I notice a very faint sound and not sure if it's normal. The only way to describe the sound is it sounds like a kid put a card in his bicycle wheel if anybody knows what I'm talking about. It's the only way I know how to explain the sound. Other than that it flies perfect the camera works perfectly and I don't see anything wrong with it so maybe this is normal?

I noticed exact same noise. Like the fan is slightly hitting a lose sticker or something.
Other than that, my phantom works great.
I wonder if I should contact DJI about it?

Reactions: johnny85
I wouldn't describe my sound as that. Coming from a P3P to a P4, I hear a very high pitch sound I didn't hear with the pro. It seems like it's normal though. One thing I've learned to do coming off other motored hobbies (cars, trucks, planes helicopters) after a flight, I always check to see if all motors feel the same temperature. Sometimes I have my trusty temp gun which is the best most accurate, but usually just feel each motor and make sure one isn't overheating....just my $.02

I noticed exact same noise. Like the fan is slightly hitting a lose sticker or something.
BINGO!!!! That is exactly what mine sounds like!!!

From what I've read and found from being a forum member, they don't seem to help ppl who are in dire need of help, I doubt they'd lift a finger for you. With that said, hopefully it's nothing, but maybe take it to a place that has one you could hear to see if it sounds the same? If it does seem odd or off, maybe you can have it exchanged.
I have same issue, want to see if high pitch is normal, I got mine a Best Buy and lucky enough to have another 40 days or so to return it or exchange it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers