Gimbal not levelling out

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals.....

Been flying my rig for a month or so with no issues. I always use the gimbal lock when transporting my PV2+, and it is also in a case. Flew yesterday with no issues as expected. Took it out of the case this morning to fly and went through the usual prep. Through the app I noticed that the camera was sitting at an angle. The pitch was working fine, but the camera was tilting heavily to the left when viewed from the front. It also now makes a wee noise when moving (this is a first). It's like the gimbal is sitting in an incorrect "home" position, and just like the sticks, needs to be calibrated to get back to centre.
I have updated the firmware - calibrated (including advanced) - and re-calibrated the compass. I hear talk of an "X1" option in the PV software assistant, but it's not available in my software. Besides, I think that was for the PV2 and not the plus. I also think it's just for the pitch control of the gimbal.... lot of thinking here.....
I'm at a loss and don't know what to try next. Now before anyone asks...... I have not had a crash.

Is there any way to re-centre the gimbal.....??

I would be VERY grateful for any assistance on this - cheers y'all.

A wee update -

Rebooted the software assistant and as if by magic I now have the "X1" and gimbal options. Not much help to be honest, none of the options will resolve my issue.

Take this with however many grains of salt you wish. A few days ago I powered up the phantom and lo and behold the gimbal was tilted exactly as described by many. I then noticed that my battery wasn't seated all the way, when I slammed it home the gimbal righted itself. Now... I am not suggesting to all of you that your battery is not seated but I am suggesting that it seems that the condition may be related to power. If you look inside the battery slot you'll see what looks like two little spring loaded pins my guess is maybe they aren't seating properly or somehow aren't making proper connectivity.

denofr said:
Take this with however many grains of salt you wish. A few days ago I powered up the phantom and lo and behold the gimbal was tilted exactly as described by many. I then noticed that my battery wasn't seated all the way, when I slammed it home the gimbal righted itself. Now... I am not suggesting to all of you that your battery is not seated but I am suggesting that it seems that the condition may be related to power. If you look inside the battery slot you'll see what looks like two little spring loaded pins my guess is maybe they aren't seating properly or somehow aren't making proper connectivity.

I also have similar problem with battery not seating right. I haven't noticed how the camera tilted when turn on P2V+. In the beginning I couldn't get the image on my iPhone, but all info appeared on screen included 9-12 sat.,and also able to turn on/off recording with no live view. Just three days ago I did this: I powered off the batt.,turned off rc and then wifi extender, pulled batt. out and re insert very firm, I used to slammed batt.in hard and noticed thet there was a little gap, that might have been the course of problem. Any thought, anyone ?

Thanks Denofr - I'll give that a shot and let you know how I get on. Strange that the only thing to be affected is the gimbal - but sure who am I to argue with the logic of logic boards. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks again.

btw, it might be worth using a pencil eraser or something to clean up the mating surface for those two pins on the battery.

And now for the results from the Irish jury....... no luck.....!! I did clean the contacts on both batteries and still no difference. The pins in the PV look to be operating as they should - still at a loss...... :(

B4orce said:
A wee update -

Rebooted the software assistant and as if by magic I now have the "X1" and gimbal options. Not much help to be honest, none of the options will resolve my issue.
I don't have any gimbal options? What did you do , reload assistant ?

Ok - so here's the strange thing..... When I open the software and plug in the PV, I get no gimbal options and can (if I wanted to) put the PV in Naza-M mode. Now with the PV plugged in and the software open, I reboot the software. When it opens up again I now have the gimbal options, but am not able to put it into Naza-M mode, nor is three any information on the "Upgrade" tab. The whole thing is very strange......

I hope someone can figure this out. I see now that my gimbal arm is slightly off center, so a way to re-level the gimbal is needed. Badly.

I still have this issue as well. Has anyone that has upgraded to version 3.04 noticed if it helped with leveling the gimbal out at all?

@ Mori55 - Yes this is with the latest firmware installed.3.04 - This is how I was able to get the gimbal options.....

Open up the software assistant
Plug your PV into the Mac/PC
Check to see that you have the correct readings and the you are indeed registered with the software
With the PV still connected turn off the software assistant
Restart the software assistant
You should now have the "X1" options will be on the "Basic" page, and the gimbal options will be on the "Advanced" page.

Like I say, this is how I manage to get the options but I'm not convinced it's the way it should be - so good luck.

@ YeeaaBoii - I have upgraded to 3.04 and still have the issue.

Guys,

Anyone out there got any ideas for me please......? I have contacted DJI and they have just bumped me off to another office. I'll be contacting them AGAIN in the morning if I don't hear anything today.

Very frustrating - you pay a lot of money for these things and you expect them to work. If I had crashed it I wouldn't be so hacked off - but I didn't so I am.....!! :(

Did you try going to the dji download page and reloading the assistant and 3.04 as if it were new ?

Nope - didn't try that. I was flying on 3.02 when this issue happened, and so I only updated to 3.04 yesterday afternoon, after the issue had occurred the same morning. I will however download the assistant and reinstall the software - not that I think it's going to make much of a difference. To be honest I think DJI should pull their finger out and get a firmware upgrade where the gimbal can be calibrated.

Try an Advanced imu calibration on a perfectly level surface , disregard the imu temp to hot, it's a bug just hit ok. It may take awhile. Don't touch or bump it while doing this.

Thanks Mori55 but I have already gone through this process. But as I'm desperate I will give anything a shot - even twice.... lol - really appreciate your commitment to finding a resolution to this issue.

Cheers Bro....

This issue seems to be very prevalent , me as well. I've contact dji with no luck. SO do you think it's time to get their attention with an email or whatever from this FORUM not just a few of us individuals. I'm not sure how we would go about it maybe ADAM COULD FIGURE IT OUT. I would be happy with an acknowledgement that this can happen with no crash and that they are working on a fix to the hardware. Meant to say firmware How do I edit my post

I don't think this is the same problem, but figured it might help by posting and if it's not useful you can just ignore my reply. I thought I had a problem because my camera never seemed to be level when I was flying around. Turns out I have FPV option switch on in my app. I turned it off and problem solved. I didn't know what FPV mode in the iPhone app did so I kinda deserved the worry it put me through by not reading up on it before turning it on.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie