Gimbal Not Level to ground

Reaction score
I purchased a new Phantom 2 with the H3-2D Gimbal in late December.

I am NOT having tilting problems (forward, angle or straight down). That seems to work fine except for some jerky movement and being too fast. I'll try changing the speed in the software.

My problem is pitch??? When I power up the Phantom 2 the camera / gimbal is not completely level to the ground. Looking from the front, the camera is tilted (pitched) slightly. This is visible in still shots and video.

Does anyone know of a trim setting somewhere I can adjust to level out the camera so it is level with the aircraft?

Thanks

Attachments

• G0122064sm.JPG
    G0122064sm.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 572
mine was like this when i got my p2, the trouble is if you look at the vertical assembly of the zenmuse it will not be plum or exactly at right angle to the ground. In an ideal world you would correct this in roll centre position in the p2 assistant, however i have never been able to get this to work. Mine is perfectly level now, trust me all you have to do is very slightly bend the support plate that has the 4 rubber mounts, the amount you need to bend it is tiny, you wont even notice the plate is bend the adjustment is that small. 1mm bend in the support plate makes about 3-5 mm movement of the camera. i know its not ideal, but ive seen tons of threads on this issue, and i havent seen anyone sort it out yet. I would leave this post open a while though to get other members views, good luc k

shortyuk said:
are you sure you mean pitch, do you not mean roll, side to side????

Yes, shortyuk, I do mean "roll, side to side." Being a newb I wasn't sure which term to use. Thanks.

shortyuk said:
mine was like this when i got my p2, the trouble is if you look at the vertical assembly of the zenmuse it will not be plum or exactly at right angle to the ground. In an ideal world you would correct this in roll centre position in the p2 assistant, however i have never been able to get this to work. Mine is perfectly level now, trust me all you have to do is very slightly bend the support plate that has the 4 rubber mounts, the amount you need to bend it is tiny, you wont even notice the plate is bend the adjustment is that small. 1mm bend in the support plate makes about 3-5 mm movement of the camera. i know its not ideal, but ive seen tons of threads on this issue, and i havent seen anyone sort it out yet. I would leave this post open a while though to get other members views, good luc k

Thank you shortyuk. I agree, ideally there should be a trim adjustment in the assistant software, or at the very least, a screw on the Gimbal it's self. Did you have to disconnect the mounting plate from the rubber isolaters to bend it or where you able to bend it while completely assembled?

Thanks for your recommendation. Maybe DJI will fix this in the future with a firmware upgrade???

no i didnt, you can do it with it all in place if you are strong and carefull enough, i presume yours is metal and not plastic like some of the earlier ones are, also do an advanced imu calibration first to see if this has any effect

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues