Gimbal noise?

max

Reaction score
If you turn on your P2V+ and just let sit there, can you hear noise coming from your gimbal? I hear a buzzing/grinding noise from mine. I don't think I heard it when I first got it, but have heard it for a while now, might be getting louder though. Gimbal works fine except for the noise. Never had a crash or hard landing.
Thanks

You don't have the plastic gimbal lock in place when you turn on the battery do you?

I often hear the noise you're describing (kind of sounds like a hard drive when it's working) after removing the lock and turning my Phantom on. It usually stops after about 10 seconds. My gimbal works just fine too.

msinger said:
I often hear the noise you're describing (kind of sounds like a hard drive when it's working) after removing the lock and turning my Phantom on. It usually stops after about 10 seconds. My gimbal works just fine too.
That's a good description. Mine never stops, but it does get a little quieter if I hold the quad at different angles

I hear it too, a sort of a hissing sound. Been getting it from day 1 and my gimbal works a charm, so no worries eh.

I get a similar noise on my P2V, according to the shop and youtube vids its the servo and is normal, however as its a plus version I couldn't say.

25% of them in the shop will do it. Sometimes its caused by the ribbon cable picking up vibrations at one of the pivot points. It can also be caused by a loose motor winding that is vibrating within the motor. They have all worked fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4