Gimbal Noise

Reaction score
I did a search here, and did not see this discussed directly recently. Please refer to previous posts if I missed something.

I'm on my 2nd P2V+, the first had a faulty gimbal which just flopped around wildly, it would not initiate. I was able to exchange that unit for a new one. This one initiates, but the gimbal makes a lot of noise in certain positions (ie. 20 degree pitch and 20 degree roll simultaneously). It seems to work otherwise, but I'm hesitant to put this one in the sky if it also will need to be exchanged.

Anyone else hear a high pitched "buzzing" noise when the gimbal is working?

Thanks!

Thanks. I'm familiar with normal stepper / brushless noise, this is different. On steep roll, the gimbal is extremely loud, louder than the props. If the gimbal hits the end of it's travel of roll on either side, it makes a loud noise from about 15% from the end until the end and appears to then attempt to "reset" itself, moving slowly across centre on all axis. It never ends up resting true centre yaw or roll though. I have done and re-done all available calibrations, while outdoors with no magnetic interference and it has not helped. I'm going to try to have the dealer open and test another unit for me to see if this is truly normal, I'm convinced it isn't.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20