Gimbal noise cured

Reaction score
I was getting to grinding noises from my Zenmuse gimbal and while trying to trace the cause I noticed if I placed my finger lightly on cap at the back of each axis. I could feel abnormal vibration from one which was the source of the noise. So I tightened the three screws remounted the go pro and hey presto it cured and I have a silent gimbal again which doesn't flick about during filming. Here's a little video I made showing the adjustments. I hope it helps others
Sadly my video skills are poor so the video Is rather amateurish but you'll get the idea

I was getting to grinding noises from my Zenmuse gimbal and while trying to trace the cause I noticed if I placed my finger lightly on cap at the back of each axis. I could feel abnormal vibration from one which was the source of the noise. So I tightened the three screws remounted the go pro and hey presto it cured and I have a silent gimbal again which doesn't flick about during filming. Here's a little video I made showing the adjustments. I hope it helps others
Sadly my video skills are poor so the video Is rather amateurish but you'll get the idea

First off when taking photos with a cell phone hold the phone horizontal instead of vertically. Next it is not advisable to power up your P2 without a camera attached to the gimbal as it has to be calibrated when powered up. I also noticed you used all the plastic damper pins when you only need two per the manufacture. One in the left front and the other on the right read as the gimbal is facing you.

I also answered you other post as well.

Thanks but I never had the power on without the camera. I filmed this after I'd detected the noise, switched off and removed the GoPro

Thanks but I never had the power on without the camera. I filmed this after I'd detected the noise, switched off and removed the GoPro

Mount the camera back on and power up the P2 without props and video tape what gimbal is doing. Talking about a noise while the P2 is upside down see like asking a blind man to watch what you're doing

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20