gimbal no power

Reaction score
i recently upgraded my P2V+ to 3.06
and my problem which i myself not sure when it started cos before i upgrade, gimbal always emit some sound.
right after i upgrade, i switch on the v2+ and i dont quite remember if it emit sound or not cos on that particular flight(right after upgrade) i kinda land it on my bed and it got topple over to the floor.. it landed quite hard and i am sure the gimbal didnt hit anything..
after that crash, i switch on the P2V+ and i notice the gimbal give no sound and i can view the camera in my hp but the gimbal looks dead, lifeless..
and i've tried downgrading to 1.08 but still the gimbal looks dead..

Thanks for the help!!!

Sounds like a damaged gimbal ribbon cord. There is a special thread on this forum on this subject.

i've tried looking at the ribbon, no obvious mark on the ribbon..
i can have fpv but just cant control the tilt on the camera itself and the gimbal is dead/lifeless and when you switch on the quadcopter the gimbal just doesnt do anything..

First thing to check is the three grey cables that come down from the Phantom into the gimbal base.
They can come loose on a hard landing or crash. Check they are still plugged into the gimbal base.
Use tweezers to push them in if necessary.

Meta4 said:
First thing to check is the three grey cables that come down from the Phantom into the gimbal base.
They can come loose on a hard landing or crash. Check they are still plugged into the gimbal base.
Use tweezers to push them in if necessary.

thanks for the advice,
i did a check.. all of them still connected but there is one cable which is not plug in as deep as the other 2 but i'd tried unplugging and plug it back in and heard a click sound so im pretty sure its connected even if not as deep as the other 2 cable.. i'll try to take a photo later to show..

btw when i connect to assistant 3.2 under the gimbal section it shows the vision 2 camera in it not the usual vision+ camera.. is this a software problem?

Thanks

Meta4 said:
Probably not a problem.
They are the same FC200 camera inside but the P2 version has a bulky housing.

the last time i use assistant under the gimbal tab i can see a pic of the v+ gimbal and camera on left hand side of the screen but now it's a picture of vision 2 camera..
is there anyway i can check the gimbal thru assistant?

i cant think of anything to check now..

thanks

You need to pull the top off the body and make sure all the plugs are in place. With the battery out check continuity through all the grey wire leads from craft to gimbal. These have been known to break inside the body being pinched by the battery during a crash. You can see where it can happen if you look inside the battery compartment.

Jeremy James

burlbark said:
You need to pull the top off the body and make sure all the plugs are in place. With the battery out check continuity through all the grey wire leads from craft to gimbal. These have been known to break inside the body being pinched by the battery during a crash. You can see where it can happen if you look inside the battery compartment.

Jeremy James

thanks jeremy

Will try that tonight

Thanks

everything is attached and no break is seen..
maybe its time to send it to the hospital..

thanks anyway

sawadekap said:

thanks anyway

You can always reset your range extender and rebind. I have seen this work before. I would also really check the ribbon closely and make sure its seated everywhere.

Jeremy James

burlbark said:
sawadekap said:

thanks anyway

You can always reset your range extender and rebind. I have seen this work before. I would also really check the ribbon closely and make sure its seated everywhere.

Jeremy James

the range extender is still working cos i can still snap picture but no gimbal movement. its only the gimbal that is dead.. everything else is fine

thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie