Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal movement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bullerman1946, Aug 9, 2018.

1. bullerman1946

I have got to slow down tbe movement on my gimbals . I am new to this so i am not a seasoned pilot. I am in beginner mode. I can barley move the gimbals without a lot of movement. I waz dki g a 360 shot yesterday. Trying to do it slow and i don't think i had the gimbal moved 1/16 of a inch. I could never more the gimbals to their full movement. Any suggestions?

2. Wilbur

If I understand you correctly, you're saying you have a hard time panning the camera slowly. How do you hold the sticks? Once I heard someone say to pinch the sticks between my thumb and index fingers it made it a whole lot easier. Using just your thumbs is ok for flying for fun, but video work definitely requires more stability.

3. mdowney58

In addition to the above, the length of the control stick can be increased, which makes the movement of the stick less severe.
    Also, there is a setting in your Go app that can slow the movement down. I can't explain where it is, but someone who knows will probably fill you in. I "think" the setting is called gain.

4. bullerman1946

I tried but it won't let me in beginner mode. I watched a guy on you tube adjust so he less movement of the craft with more movement of the gimbals. Like I said I can barely move mine and it too fast. I need to slow it down. I think he did it with the gain but mine hasn't let me and like I said I am in beginner mode and I think that is why.

5. mdowney58

Sounds like it's time to get out of beginner mode!

6. bullerman1946

Yes I guess so. I am in beginner mode but I changed the EXP from .40 to .20 and it made a lot of difference. I tried to go to .10 but it wouldn't let me. I am much more satisfied at the .20. I think I am about to get out of beginner mode like you said. Thanks for the suggestions.