Gimbal motors oscillating

dmm

Reaction score
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T_WRIvMk84[/youtube]

New gimbal with interference board and all latest updates. I flew in very windy conditions and all of a sudden it started jumping around and the pitch motor makes a noise *see video*
any ideas?

Mine started doing the same thing over the weekend. Everything is fully updated. Have you found anything out about this?

GoPro 3 or 3+ ?

3+
found this online,have not tried it. It is reportedly from DJI about the same issue on a 2d.I re calibrated and it is doing better, but not great. It still trembles from a major correction, but it doesn't lose center like before and keep resetting.

DANIEL HUANG (DJI)
MAY 09 15:04

DEAR SIR,

PLEASE KINDLY SEND IT IN FOR SERVICE.
THE GIMBAL IMU IS MISSING.

HOWEVER, THERE'S A BACK DOOR WAY FOR YOUR PROBLEM AND I'M NOT SURE IF YOU COULD PULL IT OFF.

1.AS ATTACHED, TRY TO WIRE IT UP(USING A CABLE OR CONDUCTOR) THAT TWO POINT
2.POWER ON YOUR PHANTOM AND YOU MIGHT FIND THE LIGHT IN THE GIMBAL TURN RED
3.CONNECT YOUR PHANTOM WITH ASSISTANT SOFTWARE AND THERE WOULD BE A GIMBAL IMU IN THE UPGRADE TAB
4.REMOVE THE WIRE AND UPDATE THAT IMU
5.POWER CYCLE
IF YOU TRY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS.

https://dji.zendesk.com/attachments/tok ... ircuit.jpg

anyone here???
I just did the short circuit and the led went red then updated imi and had high hopes. It actually calmed it down when tilted level, but not when tilted down.
Unscrewed top and disconnected all wires. Reconnected them and re-updated. Not any better. Seems like a bad servo, but why would it get better and worse. Broken would just be broken.
:x :x :x
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfqJ1E3QZ2Y

Have you checked to see if anything is touching the camera bracket? Even a tight cable will cause oscillation..

Sent from the thing that does everything.

I had the same problem. It turned out to be the setscrew in the arm on horizontal motor, had loosen and the arm was moved a little bit to the side of the flat area on motor shaft. I loosen the screw and moved the arm back so the screw was facing centre of the flat area and fasten. Calibrating IMU via Assistant software - Tools - IMU calibration - advanced calibration. The calibration takes about 10 min, so be patient. Oscillating disappeared after that.

Thanks I'll try if I can find the screw
here is the servo motor with the cover off.I don't see a screw. I see one on the yaw arm and roll arm, but not the pitch
The pitch servo I am also referring to as tilt, but its the one with the go pro attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7345.jpg
    IMG_7345.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 613
Sorry for the confusing. I am not into the terminology yet,so when I referred to horizontal motor I meant the motor that moves the camera in the horizontal plane. You can see the flat area on the shaft on your picture, and you found the sett screw, so one off them was loos at mine gimbal and cause the oscillation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20