GIMBAL MOTOR OVERLOADED

Reaction score
Hey I ordered some cheep nd filters and as soon as I put them on I started to get the gimbal motor overloaded warning.. I put my original uv lens on and it stopped only for a second and started to do the same with the original uv lens.. I calibrated the Imu and it seemed to fix the problem only with the original uv lense... the aircraft is phantom 4 pro v2.0.. is the any recommendation ls when it come to nd and polarized lenses?

Imu calibration is a doubtful solution to your camera issue.
The weight of the filter is the issue. Different manufacturers will have different specs.
So just keep trying different filters? Did you have the same problem? If so what brand filter and polarizing do you use?

Use the search function here to find what others are using. Polarpro seems to be popular. I have not had the issue you describe, but there is a fine line on balance of these gimbals.

Use the search function here to find what others are using. Polarpro seems to be popular. I have not had the issue you describe, but there is a fine line on balance of these gimbals.
Thanks I actually ordered some polar pros earlier today

What about doing a gimbal adjustment after putting any other filters on? do people do that, or just go fly? Never thought about it until this post.

Nothing wrong in doing gimbal calibrations as compared to the numerous unneeded imu and compass calibrations that people seem to utilize as a cure all.

Hey I ordered some cheep nd filters and as soon as I put them on I started to get the gimbal motor overloaded warning.. I put my original uv lens on and it stopped only for a second and started to do the same with the original uv lens.. I calibrated the Imu and it seemed to fix the problem only with the original uv lense... the aircraft is phantom 4 pro v2.0.. is the any recommendation ls when it come to nd and polarized lenses?
Keep it up and you're gonna end up replacing a yaw motor. I try not to even look at my gimbal much less touch it. If I came across a situation calling for ND filters I would just fly later when it wasn't so bright lol. Obviously I'm kidding but in all seriousness the gimbal/camera is very delicate so be extra careful when fooling with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31