Gimbal Motor Overloaded , Clicking Noise .. and.. More

Reaction score
Hey Guys, My new Phantom 3 Proff arrived today! Charged everything up. Fired everything up and the gimbal was making a loud clicking noise, then the controller said " Gimbal Motor Overloaded" ... Contacted DJI they knew nothing. Contacted Copter-world, they said some of them are being shipped with the set screw loose. I did the firmware upgrade to controller and Phantom then made sure the set screw was tight it was a bit loose .. then turned everything back on and the noise was gone but the camera was facing off to the left now! Would not center at all.. Calibrated the gimbal and ISU .. Still will not face forward.. Anyone else? The guys at Copter World are sending me a NEW one overnight. Great customer service. I just want to know if anyone else had this issues and if so how do you correct the camera to face forward. Thanks in advance!

I was going to post something similar when I saw the topic. When I have the P3 connected to my MacBook Air to transfer images I get an odd, soft grinding noise once every three seconds. Is this normal? Also, Occasionally when I fire the P3 up and the gimbal self tests it sounds as though it had too many Tacos the night before. It kind of... farts.

I was going to post something similar when I saw the topic. When I have the P3 connected to my MacBook Air to transfer images I get an odd, soft grinding noise once every three seconds. Is this normal? Also, Occasionally when I fire the P3 up and the gimbal self tests it sounds as though it had too many Tacos the night before. It kind of... farts.
Mine had a loud clicking sound from the start. I think I may have left the foam in then realized it, then after I tightned the set screw the noise was gone, but it still won't center! Make sure your set screw is tight. Maybe that's your noise. I'll post a pic where it's located.
image.jpg

I did forget to take it off .. But then realized it and tightned the set screw did all the updates but the camera still won't center
You have to make sure that when you tighten the set screw that the screw is touching the flat side of the shaft.

I did forget to take it off .. But then realized it and tightned the set screw did all the updates but the camera still won't center

My camera was off center and I kept getting the gimbal motor overload error. I fixed it by resetting the imu, resetting the gimbal and then I had to mess with the gimbal settings. There are a few of them I believe in advanced settings. I moved them up and down trying to balance the camera and it ended up correcting itself and fixing the problem. I then reset all settings back to normal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic