gimbal motor overload

Reaction score
brand new p3a
was on my 5th flight today in nice clear skies no wind
suddenly i see a yellow flash on the screen
gimbal motor overload , after 3-4 seconds it went back to green ready to fly

I dont think I was using the gimbal much at all

any ideas what happened?

make sure you have removed the white piece that holds the gimbal in place for shipping,,its behind it,,,if you don't know what I'm talking about you haven't removed it...its a small white piece,,if its in place you will get a gimbal overload (don't ask how I know this)

I removed it as well as the clear plastic piece before first flight,

I never reinstalled them either
Are they throw away?

Hang on to, at least, the clear plastic piece. It is good to secure your gimbal when in a case or when not in use.

Just some feedback. I keep the plastic piece to secure the gimbal when transporting but be careful to not forget to take it out pre flight. I forgot one time and realized I had left it in after taking off for about 30 seconds. Nothing happened that I know of. Everything is fine but it could have very easily burnt out. I painted the finger hold positions on the plastic piece in red after that to train myself to remember that pre flight. Now it's a habit instilled so I haven't left it in again after that first time.

Reactions: James Connerly
Just some feedback. I keep the plastic piece to secure the gimbal when transporting but be careful to not forget to take it out pre flight. I forgot one time and realized I had left it in after taking off for about 30 seconds. Nothing happened that I know of. Everything is fine but it could have very easily burnt out. I painted the finger hold positions on the plastic piece in red after that to train myself to remember that pre flight. Now it's a habit instilled so I haven't left it in again after that first time.
Been there....I have a business sized white card with...REMOVE GIMBAL GUARD stuck on the battery ....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik