Gimbal motor error help please

Reaction score
I have the P2 Vision+ that I purchased used. Everything was fine but last night I went to fly it and I received this screen that said gimbal motor error and the camera is jerky when making it pan up and down. The.gimbal is now always making a noise like it is trying to move and after it is on for a while if you touch the round chrome motor cover on the side of the gimbal it feels really hot. Any suggestions on what it could be and can i fix it myself? I would really appreciate any help you can give.

17f4706dfda13d1bbba1df7e6e3a3f05.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

You need to do a hard reset and reflash on your firmware, this is the only way to adjust gimbal stock motors and realign them.

also, make sure the screw to the shaft of the area from the motor (located under the plate the 4 screws attach to on the back of the camera unit) is on correctly if the reset doesn't work..their are disassembly videos on you tube for this fix as well. the screw needs to be tight against the flat part of the shaft and then once back together needs to have a firmware reflash reset again so the gimbals can relearn and readjust all the motor positions. again, the reflash is the only time error ratio margins can be set when working on a p2v+ gimbal, their is no other way to do this. the motors have position sensors in them telling the gimbals computer exactly what potion their in, so it can sense or make micro adjustments to compensate for wear and tear in its units. DJI made it like this to try and make it easier and self adjust for the consumer, as with every upgrade the camera gimbal computer would RE-learn values and make micro adjustments after each reflash/upgrade. however with new stuff out they are not focusing support or updates as far as i know so the HARD RESET and FW reflash is the only way to get the gimbal system to calibrate and adjust itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sounds like a shaft alignment problem. The quad may have had a hard landing or two before you purchased it so this may be a inherited problem. The video may help in identifying the culprit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers