Gimbal lock too tight?

Reaction score
Hi,
i got my first quad a phantom 4 and during the first removal of the gimbal lock it was tightly attached to the gimbal/camera and had to apply some pressure to the gimbal/camera in order to remove it. After that i reinstalled it and remove it more easily like shown in dji tutorials.
Is the gimbal so fragile? it seems to move around without problem but i don't know how much pressure to apply to it.
Also should i throw away the foam protector that came installed in the upper part of the gimbal or should i put it back every time with gimbal lock?
thanks in advance.

I use the foam keep gimble moving when putting nd filters. I put on the foam first and the gimble lock last. The foam keeps me from putting too much pressure putting gimble guard.

Thanks, I hope i didn't do any damage. Is there a way to tell if it is working properly? Also i did remove a sticker that was under the base of the gimbal right above the camera. It was relatively difficult to remove it. Should I haven't remove it?

Ok so I charged the remote and battery and turned on the bird and remote. At first it did some self checks and the rear lights blinked yellow because i was inside my house(no gps signal). After some messing around with the go app i tried to see if some other apps can connect to the p4 and indeed they connected and had view of the camera. after closing one of the other apps the rear lights of the bird went solid red indicating that there is a critical error.
I shut down the bird and turn it on again but the lights stayed solid red. The go app didn't show some warning all was normal. After that i removed the battery and put it back to see if the lights go back to normal but nothing..eventually after 5 minutes the lights started blinking yellow as before.
Any clues why this happened? Should i worry? Is it possible this to happen from the other app?
The next day I will try outside to see if i have any errors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4