gimbal lock for short term storage?

max

Reaction score
Do you guys use the gimbal lock if your phantom is going simply be sitting on the shelf for a few days? A few weeks any different?

It's a PITA and I don't see how the gumball could be damaged by sitting there under its own weight

I never use it... I took it off one time the week after it arrived and never put it back on again ... but I don't travel with my V+... don't put it in a case ... don't have to hike out to the field with it in a backpack to go flying...

Most my Phantom ever has to do is get walked out to the car and sit , strapped in the back seat with a modified seat belt I made... and then out of the car and set on the ground for launch 30 ft away from the parking spot... I still use the lens cap of course but I don't see any use for that gimbal lock unless you're out there bumping and banging it around... mine's been just fine without it for 6 months now. (I should find that sucker and make sure I still have it in case i need it)

It's not hard to put on once you get the line up just right... but I don't see the point if it's just sitting

It's a pain in the *** , at first to get on. Now it's second nature. I just don't like seeing it flop around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20