Gimbal just started Shaking wildly on Phantom 4

Reaction score
I need suggestion on how to fix a gimbal that was working ok, but on my 5th flight it started up and continued to shake (see attached Link for video). I tried to calibrate the Gimbal while I was at a park and it failed every time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dropbox - File Apr 24, 11 23 13 AM.mov

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Wow, only suggestion I can make is to check and make sure all the screws on the gimbal are tight, before I sent mine in to get fixed I'd also carefully so they (DJI) couldn't tell, take the composite (grey) part off and check the connections
Hope u get it figured out

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I need suggestion on how to fix a gimbal that was working ok, but on my 5th flight it started up and continued to shake (see attached Link for video). I tried to calibrate the Gimbal while I was at a park and it failed every time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dropbox - File Apr 24, 11 23 13 AM.mov

Interesting! I just found out that this could be a FW glitch with the gimbal as long as it wasn't a crash that caused it. You will have to downgrade FW then re upgrade to current FW. I have had 2 clients so far that have had this glitch. Problem is getting it to stop being erratic during the downgrade. But I did get it to work. It took a couple of restarts and effort, but it can be done. Good Luck! BB...

Interesting! I just found out that this could be a FW glitch with the gimbal as long as it wasn't a crash that caused it. You will have to downgrade FW then re upgrade to current FW. I have had 2 clients so far that have had this glitch. Problem is getting it to stop being erratic during the downgrade. But I did get it to work. It took a couple of restarts and effort, but it can be done. Good Luck! BB...

Blue Bird. Thanks for the advise. I would like to try that. Do you have a link to a set of instructions? I want to give that a shot before I send it in for repairs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj