Gimbal Issue Since latest Firmware

Reaction score
So I have been away for a little over a week and just updated my P3 Advanced with the latest firmware but now I'm seeing the gimbal is tilted and when start up is done the gimbal flips to the right and then slowly returns to center position. What do you guys think?

If you didn't do so already after upgrading the firmware, try calibrating the IMU and gimbal in the DJI GO app.

Probably should of said that I've done both warm and cold IMU and Compass & Gimbal and the whole nine yards. This is the first time I've had any issues with my machine. Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem. What's really weird is the gimbal flipping to the right really fast then slowly moving back to center.

Check if Gimbal advance settings help you out. These are the new settings and are related to its response behavior.

As per my last post, don't upgrade the firmware, and it seems most people agree with me

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can adjust to level but the very next time I power up it's off again. It's also getting slower to center after power up and gimbal does it's test then a few seconds later it flips right then slowly returns to center. This is getting a little frustrating. I've even went back down a version on the firmware witch didn't help. Not sure what to do now.

I'm too having the same issue. I bought my bird used and the seller had used it only three times as it was his backup unit. The first thing I did was updating the Fw to the latest so I can't be sure it had the gimbal fault before or if the Fw update caused it. :(

I'm too having the same issue. I bought my bird used and the seller had used it only three times as it was his backup unit. The first thing I did was updating the Fw to the latest so I can't be sure it had the gimbal fault before or if the Fw update caused it. :(

Another case rested, I'm. Beginning to think these firmware upgrades are simply to keep the consumer happy with action taken on DJIs behalf, yet they appear to be a total nightmare of garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Greatly reduce the saving time for raw photo is the biggest improvement for the latest firmware . but i also find that the video footage has a tiny shaky when u push the drone to the limit.

Hi guys, updated to latest fw on p3p and rc - calibrated imu and compass and gimbal, reloaded the DJI Go app. Problem now is the gimbal. If l hold the phantom by hand and turn it from the horizontal plane to 90 deg the gimbal makes a strange noise plus it does not respond smoothly as normal?? Any suggestions? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20