Gimbal is lifeless after firmware update - HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Hi,

I upgraded the firmware for my Zenmuse Gimbal to v1.8 and followed all the steps in RC Assistant and Phantom 2 Assistant.

My PT2 assistant now shows no firmware installed (despite saying it had installed correctly) and now my gimbal is limp and unresponsive.

The upgrade fails every time I try and install it.

I am in NZ and have just shipped my PT2 out at huge expense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

benbNZ said:
Hi,

I upgraded the firmware for my Zenmuse Gimbal to v1.8 and followed all the steps in RC Assistant and Phantom 2 Assistant.

My PT2 assistant now shows no firmware installed (despite saying it had installed correctly) and now my gimbal is limp and unresponsive.

The upgrade fails every time I try and install it.

I am in NZ and have just shipped my PT2 out at huge expense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Redo the firmware update, updating your remote control first and calibrate with the RC software, then do the aircraft firmware update and calibrate with the Phantom software.

this has been discussed on multiple threads on phantompilots

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

So when doing the firmware reinstall do I have both my controller and aircraft plugged in and powered on?

I tried the steps you mentioned but it doesn't seem to work... It still shows that I have no firmware installed for my gimbal and it is still just hanging there doing nothing.

Also, should I update the receiver in the Phantom 2 software or from within the RC Assistant (I can't see an option to upgrade the receiver in the RC assistant)

Thanks again!

Daniel Huang (DJI)
May 09 15:04

Dear Sir,

Please kindly send it in for service.
The gimbal IMU is missing.

However, there's a back door way for your problem and I'm not sure if you could pull it off.

1.As attached, try to wire it up(using a cable or conductor) that two point
2.Power on your phantom and you might find the light in the gimbal turn red
3.Connect your phantom with assistant software and there would be a gimbal IMU in the Upgrade tab
4.Remove the wire and update that IMU
5.Power Cycle
If you try, please let me know if it works.

Best Regards.
u8u9uhy6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers