Gimbal is Dead after Crash

Reaction score
Crashed the phantom the other day and the grey 8-pin cable broke right where the wires go into the connector. I have another cable ordered but while waiting I got the wires to plug back into the terminals just to check everything out. The issue i'm having is when I power on the phantom the gimbal doesn't respong at all. The other end of the cable is plugged into the anti interference board on the inside of the quad. I'm thinking it's possible that the wires touched and shorted something on that board during the crash? From what I can tell there's not any kind of circuit protection visible on the inside.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

I got the new cable and board and it's still doing the same thing. I have done some research and some people have said the gimbal can be reset by jumping the 2 pins on the backplane but that didn't help either. I do have a question about the assistant software, when I go to the upgrade page should the gimbal show up on that list? If so, what will it be listed as? I don't see anything on my list that looks like it would be gimbal firmware. I have a screenshot attached.
P2.png

Are you running an interference board?
If so, disconnect and hook it directly.
Sound like the cables are not sitting firm after the crash.

It does have the anti-interference board. I replaced it then tried hooking it directly to the other board but it did the same thing. I also pulled the top cover off the gimbal just to check the connector thats mounted to the board but I couldn't see any obvious damage to it. I did try plugging the GoPro into the gimbal and there was no power to it either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers